World Vision is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Supervisor – Fleet
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the position
- Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Fleet Supervisor shall oversee the planning, directing, managing, coordinating and supervising the acquisition, assignment, utilization, maintenance, repair, replacement and disposal of World Vison Ghana (WVG) fleet vehicles.
- The Fleet Supervisor shall also serve as the primary contact concerning WVG vehicle fleet and operations.
- S/he shall make the ultimate decision whether a vehicle and/or driver is safe to travel on the road.
- S/he shall communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Keep all Vehicles and all other Fleet Equipment properly maintained, repaired, registered, insured, licensed and appropriately tested in compliance with WVI & WVG Policies and Government of Ghana regulations.
- Ensure all policy and statutory required documentation on all vehicles are up to date
- Effective management of drivers to ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and quarterly assessing current organizational fleet demands.
- Manage, direct and monitor the condition and performance of the fleet to increase efficiency and maximize service, performance and value
- Plan and execute fleet budget, identify and reduce associated risk, measure and optimize whole vehicle life costs.
- Maintain updated maintenance logs for all the vehicle fleet and ensure maintenance schedules for both field and head office vehicles are adhered to.
- Establish Situational Procedures for Possible Fleet Problems and Scenarios.
- Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacements in order to improve fleet efficiency.
- Identify and analyze vehicle repair vendors for the official vehicle repairs and parts suppliers who must be evaluated annually against Service Agreements. Ensure that hired or contracted vehicles and drivers meet both WVI & WVG Fleet Safety Standards.
- Liaise with P&C, Police and Insurance company on accident procedures and internal investigations involving organizational vehicles and staff as well as insurance claims.
- Assist in the selection, training, supervision and appraisal of drivers ensuring that drivers performances are monitored, measured and their capacity enhanced.
- Generate and submit monthly analysed report to the Support Services Manager on activities – repair and maintenance, tracking, fuel consumption, spare parts, accidents, log book filling and other requisite indicators for effective and efficient fleet operations.
- Facilitate and/or support Fleet Assets Disposal process.
- Microsoft suite computer application Literacy
- Professional Drivers’ License
- Exceptional leadership, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving capabilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be flexible as may be called upon at odd hours.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal education and/or experience
- Degree/HND in Supply Chain & Logistics, 4 years experience in Fleet Management Supervisory role.
- Degree/HND in Mechanical or Auto Engineering plus Fleet Management Certificate with a minimum of 4 years experience.
- At least 3 years in a related supervisory role.
- Any relevant Degree with a certificate in fleet management plus 6 years post qualification supervisory level experience.
- Other: Membership of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport is a plus.
- Skills in vehicle tracking and fuel management.
- Experience in managing a fleet of more than 80 vehicles remotely
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website:
Closing Date: 23rd December, 2022
For More Opportunities CLICK HERE