We are excited to announce as Western Michigan University Opens application for 2023 Global Education Merit Scholarships for Undergraduate Students. Global Education Merit Scholarship for international students starting Fall 2023 and onward.
WMU is proud of its deep and historic commitment to international student success and well-being. We are among only 50% of public universities to offer a scholarship designed for international students.
The WMU Global Education Merit Scholarship offers a scholarship with annual awards of $5,000 based on merit to first-time international students (dispersed at $2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters) for a maximum duration of 4 years (equal to 8 semesters for Fall and Spring semesters). Scholarship is awarded for tuition only.
The scholarship supports your success at WMU: one of the most affordable, public research institutions in the Midwestern USA. WMU’s International Student and Scholar Services (I3S)—a unit of the Haenicke Institute for Global Education—connects international students to additional financial resources such as on-campus employment and other scholarship sources.
About Western Michigan University
Western Michigan University (Western Michigan, Western or WMU) is a public research university in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It was initially established as Western State Normal School in 1903 by Governor Aaron T. Bliss for the training of teachers.In 1957, G. Mennen Williams signed a bill into law that made Western a university and gave the school its current name of Western Michigan University.
Western is one of the eight research universities in the State of Michigan and is classified among “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity”.The university has seven degree-granting colleges, offering 147 undergraduate degree programs, 73 master’s degree programs, 30 doctoral programs, and one specialist degree program. It is governed by an eight-member board of regents whose members are appointed by the governor of Michigan and confirmed by the Michigan Senate for eight-year terms.
The university’s athletic teams compete in Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and are known as the Western Michigan Broncos. They compete in the Mid-American Conference for most sports.
- Type Of Scholarship : Undergraduate
- Organisation: Western Michigan University
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Western Michigan University
- Gender : Men and Women
- Application Deadline : March 1, 2023
- The WMU Global Education Merit Scholarship offers a scholarship with annual awards of $5,000 based on merit to first-time international students (dispersed at $2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters) for a maximum duration of 4 years (equal to 8 semesters for Fall and Spring semesters).
- Scholarship is awarded for tuition only.
- Complete academic admission with all application materials AND required Personal Statement essay received by March 1, 2023. No additional application is necessary.
- Personal Statement Essay (REQUIRED):You are required to submit a one-page (maximum 500-word), typewritten essay with your online application by deadline. In the essay, please explain and highlight your curricular and co-curricular achievements and activities related to your current plans and goals at Western Michigan University and beyond.
- Undergraduate degree-seeking student entering WMU for the first time after secondary school or transfer from another post-secondary institution in a FALL semester. This includes undergraduate degree pathway programs.
- Non-resident international status.
- Intending F-1 SEVIS active full-time students to study in the US.
- 3.5 minimum cumulative GPA (on a four-point scale)
Documents Required for Application
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency*
- Transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates*
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
*Official documents are those sent directly to International & Student Scholar Services (I3S) from the issuing institution or testing agency. Hand-carried transcripts will be accepted if in a sealed envelope from the institution. Documents sent by the student cannot be accepted as official.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified? Go to Western Michigan University on westernmichigan.force.com to apply
- Applicants are required to enroll in the undergraduate degree programme at the university.
For more details, visit WMU website