The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking to hire the services of qualified persons to occupy the vacant position below.
Job Position: Programme Associate
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provision of support to programme management
- Support project creation in the ERP system, prepare budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determine of unutilized funds, support the operational and financial closure of projects
- Support the Programme management team to resolve questions related to budgets, payments, procurement, and resources.
- Analyze and present information for identification of areas for support and Programme implementation.
- Support in drafting Annual Work Plans and Budgets for projects within the Programme office.
- Support implementation of Mid Term and Final Project evaluation
Provision of project finance support
- Review of the Financial Reports and regular monitoring of financial performance
- Regular updates on the disbursement status to project management
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Development of Project Financial Report (quarterly and annually) by providing the information on the project progress, operational issues and disbursement
- Support audit of projects and ensure auditors have access to project documentation, personnel, and institutions involved in the project
- Prepare all payment requests, financial record-keeping and financial reports required in line with both the National Implementation and Direct Implementation of financial rules and procedures.
- Prepare regularly expenditure report to track progress of project
- Process certificates of payment submitted by consultants and prepare payment requests.
- Support in producing project financial reports in line with donor reporting templates.
- Manage travel arrangement, circulate travel related information and support team with Daily supplemental allowance (DSA) processes and travel claims
- 6 years relevant experience with High School diploma (equivalent to WASSCE); or 4 years relevant work experience with Bachelor, equivalent or higher
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification and/or training in Management, Accounting or Finance or University degree in Finance, Public Administration or Social Science field but not required.
- 6 years of progressively responsible financial resource management or accounting experience or a bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant working experience is required. Knowledge of programme or project finance desirable.
- Experience in Project/ Programme Planning and Budgeting, and Coordination of annual audit exercises in line with guidelines is required.
- Experience in providing financial management, Resource Planning and Analysis, Quality assurance oversight and close monitoring of project expenditure per the approved budget.
- Knowledge of and previous experience in UNDP Procurement rules and regulations required.
- Experience with ATLAS project management system is preferred.
Location: Accra, Ghana
How To App For This Position
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters the company’s website:
Closing Date : 21st December, 2022
For More Opportunities CLICK HERE