TBI’s Institute Resources Team supports and helps pave the way for the Institute to deliver its mission. We are comprised of the Legal and Risk, Finance, IT, Ops & Security and People Teams.We develop and deliver policies and processes that drive our working practices, mirror our values, and that are aligned with our strategic objectives, supporting the Institute to deliver its mission. We ensure that our organisational capabilities equip us to meet current and future challenges.As the Institute continues to grow both in staff numbers and the countries we operate, the Institute’s dedicated Travel Team is expanding. You can apply to be based in one of our hubs in Indonesia, Kenya, Senegal and or Ghana. Please note you must be based in and have an existing right to work in the location you apply for.The Travel Administrator will manage the booking of travel and accommodation for our staff and those under our instruction through our dedicated Travel Management Company (TMC).The Travel Team sits within the Global Operations and Security Team which is part of Institute Resources (IR). The position is primarily administrative but with the opportunity to collaborate and learn from the other teams within Institute Resources and will work with stakeholders and colleauges globally.
- Process travel booking forms within the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to completion
- Help with the planning of travel and accommodation
- When requested, provide new starters with an induction to the travel system and policy
- Guide new joiners as they build their traveller profile
- When relevant, supporting with visa support requests
- Ensure that key travel policies are followed
- Support the planning and coordination of big travel events across the organisations, such as away days, regional and country retreats
- Work to the direction of the Travel Coordinator to ensure that the central travel desk is providing adequate coverage to the Institute’s staff and those under our instruction
- When relevant, work across departments and support People, Global Operations, and in country teams on regional relocation process
- Manage appropriate and constructive feedback from travellers and relevant stakeholders on the Institute’s TMC; escalating issues when required
- Work with the Travel Coordinator to provide relevant feedback on the Institute’s travel management system and policies
- As requested, support projects carried out by the Global Operations and Security Team
- Some experience in travel management and coordination is preferred
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure with conflicting demands.
- A keen attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive attitude with customer service experience
- Willing to propose solutions and able to anticipate shifting priorities.
- Proficient IT Skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ideal position for those looking to forge a career in Operations and Security Management
- Fluent written and spoken English (B1 / B2 with the latter preferred)
The position can be based in our offices in Indonesia, Kenya, Senegal and or Ghana. Relocation is not supported, and the candidate must have the ability to reside in that country.The positon may be expected to work in a shift pattern to ensure availiblity of support to our staff globally. This would be discussed and confirmed during the interview process.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
How To Apply
Interested persons should Click Here To Apply
Closing Date: 25th November, 2022