MDF West Africa is looking for an experienced Trainer / Consultant to join our Training and Consultancy Team in the acquisition and execution of assignments across the West Africa region and beyond.
The T&C team specialises in the execution of assignments in different thematic areas which include but not limited to Training and Advisory Services in
- Organisational development i.e. organisational analysis, strategic mapping/planning, team building, human resource management, financial management, gender mainstreaming, resource mobilisation/proposal writing;
- Personal Effectiveness i.e. leadership, people management and communication skills, Training of Trainers, group facilitation techniques;
- Network and partnership management i.e. lobby and advocacy, business development services, network management.
The ability of the MDF Team to implement assignments that cut across different thematic areas allows the cross-fertilization of resources and ideas, generating optimal service to clients.
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and also travel within the West Africa region.
You will be part of the international MDF network and therefore work with and learn from colleagues from Africa, Europe, and Asia.
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Trainer / Consultant Acquisition of Assignments
- Acquire assignments for MDF West Africa within the MDF network;
- Identify, follow-up and respond to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the West African region;
- Analyse and understand clients request for service via an existing terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email;
- Steer the proposal writing process together with the project team;
Come-up with strategies and write how you would approach the assignment i.e. methodological approach, methods used, workplan, budget, team composition etc;
- Developing timelines for acquisition to ensure the right input and quality control;
Represent MDF during functions and participate in formal and informal gatherings in order to build a network of clients and partners.
Trainer / Consultant Execution of Assignments
- Execute consultancies, open entry and tailor-made training assignments in the core competencies identified above. We are particularly looking for expertise in two or more of the above mentioned competencies of MDF;
- Take the lead on your projects and steer a team of 2 to 5 colleagues/partners during execution of assignments;
- Maintain client and partner contact during execution and contracting of assignments i.e. process management. You are the focal person for the client and take responsibility for your projects;
- Report (verbal and written) on your projects to all stakeholders. Lead the (baseline, mid-term and final) report writing process and ensure report quality;
- Maintain client and partner relationships.
Trainer / Consultant Skills Required
Technical Competencies and Professional Experience
- Project planning & formulation, monitoring and conducting external evaluations, as well as network and partnership management including lobby & advocacy are explicit advantages;
- Management expertise within projects, programmes, teams or organisations i.e. steering people, client management, financial management, knowledge management;
Strong writing skills of proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, in-depth, proper English, in time, understanding client needs;
- Strong data collection, analysis and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, check-lists and analysing situations, documents, data sheets;
Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm;
- Strong participatory training and presentation skills/expertise (both offline as online). Comfortable to stand in front of and guide a group (4-25 people) with international character;
- You have excellent presentation skills. You are comfortable in front of a group (4-25 people) with international character;
- Maintaining client relationships and networking;
- You are capable to handle administrative, communication and knowledge management technologies – i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel, Email Management System, Adobe, Skype, LinkedIn, and more;
You must be fluent in English speaking and writing; French is a plus.
- Service- and client oriented;
- Pro-active/take initiative, business driven, professional, cosmopolitan attitude;
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs;
- Work independently, be and take responsibility to the team and clients, practical approach;
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets;
- You are interested to learn and improve;
- You have International and/or West African working expertise;
- You are interested in management for development.
How To Apply
Application Project Manager before the 30th of September 2022. Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
Your application needs to include the following;
- A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation and qualifications for the position;
- Your CV (including two professional references); and
- A sample of relevant work.
- An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
- There are no relocation funds available.
ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.