Bill and Melinda Gates founded the scholarship is a fully funded scholarship in UK. This is a fully-funded scholarship for international students who wish to pursue a master’s or PhD program.
- Master’s is 2 years
- PhD is 3.
- 4-year degree.
- Cambridge which is a World-class graduate school will host the scholarship.
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- University: Cambridge University
- Funded by: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Course Level: Ph.D., MSc/MLitt, Master Degree, Diploma
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Benefits Gates Scholarship
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional funding.
- University Composition Fee
- Maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months)
- Return Airfare ticket to selected applicants
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties.
Duration of Degree
- Ph.D. Degree: 3 Year, 4 Year, 5 Year, 7 Year
- Master Degree: 1 Year, 2 Year
Courses that are not Scholarship
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- You can Check About Departments from A to Z (Here)
Who Can Apply?
If you are taking admission for:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
- Any Nationality outside the UK,
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- reasons for the choice of course
- leadership potential
NOTE: The Trust may lower or not pay the usual maintenance payment if you have a wage or another scholarship.
How To Apply For This Scholarship
Interested persons should Visit the Official Website Here
Application Opens on: 2nd September, 2022
Closing Date: 12th October, 2022