The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Clerk,1
Church employees find joy and satisfaction in using their unique talents and abilities to further the Lord’s work. From the IT professional who develops an app that sends the gospel message worldwide, to the facilities manager who maintains our buildings— giving Church members places to worship, teach, learn, and receive sacred ordinances—our employees seek innovative ways to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the world.
They are literally working in His kingdom.Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities.
This position helps make gospel teachings, resources, or services accessible to all in a simple and affordable way, supporting the mission of the Church.
This position follows specific instructions and performs clerical work using established routines. Applies limited analysis and problem solving in performing job duties.The FamilySearch Records Operation Center (ROC) is working on reviewing of records from across Africa. Much of the work will be to support the oral genealogy program.
The purpose of this is to ensure that information collected are quality products, from the right source and has has all the required information needed. This is a one-year contract position, with the possibility of a one-year extension, located in Accra, Ghana.
- Review and submit evaluated records (oral and digital)
- Communicate feedback with contract organizations on what is discovered in file reviews
- Track and analyze reports
- Listen, review and evaluate audio recording
- Regular reporting to management and organization on individual progress and ROC results
- Assist in various special projects for FamilySearch International in the Africa West Area
- Attention to detail, good communication skills (English and French), internet search skills, and deductive reasoning
- Support team members in analyzing issues with submissions
- Train additional staff to fit role
- Receive, prepare and ship packages
- Contribute to process improvement for Africa region patron services
- Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints worthy to hold a current temple recommend
- Detail oriented – able to look for and find slight differences in the data
- Deductive reasoning
- Understand oral traditions, oral histories and oral genealogy
- Internet search and good typing skills (At least 40WPM)
- Fluency in written and spoken English & French languages of West African Countries
- A passion for family history and experience finding your own ancestors is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical capabilities with the ability to learn new software and web application quickly and train others
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Able to schedule and monitor project progress, production work flow
- Office management or production environment management experience
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 20th January 2023