• The Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD) harnesses the positive impact of regular migration and diaspora engagement to drive forward social and economic development in partner countries.
• PMD in Ghana contributes towards implementing the Global Compact for Migration (GCM) and works in 5 priority areas – Development-oriented return; Regular labour migration & mobility; Social engagement by diasporas; Financial and economic contributions of the diaspora; Advice on migration policy.
Scope of the role
- Responsible for managing and promoting programme and team agreements.
- Work in the PMD migration governance component at the operational level to support pro-development migration policy advisory in partner country, Ghana.
- Work closely with the relevant PMD colleagues, internal and external partners in implementing diaspora strategies, improving conditions for regular migration and increasing coherence with other policy areas, contributing towards the implementation of the Global Compact for Migration (GCM).
• Assists and coordinates project activities and carries out other activities required by PMD Ghana Migration Governance component.
• Monitor the development and implementation of programme activities in consultation with counterparts. Supports M & E
• Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity.
• Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, private sector, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
• Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to the other programme/component
• Coordinate relevant project activities/interventions at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners regarding implementation and organizational aspects.
• Works in close tandem with the Project Manager in PMD Headquarters and handles other tasks on behalf of GIZ.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Migration Studies, Political Sciences, International Relations and Diplomacy, Development Studies, or any other related field
with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Ability to work under pressure to meet pressing deadlines and should be able to adapt and manage change
• Diligent, goal-oriented, open-minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform tasks without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills and work experience in an intercultural environment is an assets; with strong managerial, organisational, and social competence skills and the ability to easily adapt to and manage change
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: email@example.com Job Code 2022/SIJobs/12/09 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 27 September 2022