The GIZ Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID) Programme supports national and sub-national partner institutions to increase their revenues and use it for inclusive development. The Public Financial Management (PFM) team of GovID aims to improve budget management at national and sub-national levels, with a focus on inclusive development.
Scope Of The Role
The Technical Advisor will be working with national and sub-national institutions to strengthen the analysis, understanding and planning of inclusive development. The focus will be on collaborating with MDAs, MMDAs and civil society to enhance performance- and evidence-based policy and planning for inclusive and equitable development.
- Design, coordinate and implement capacity building projects with partner institutions to strengthen performance- and evidence-based policy and planning for inclusive development
- Analyze and prioritize, in collaboration with national and sub-national partners, reform areas to address policy issues of evidence-based policy making and development planning
- Contribute to the development and timely implementation of work plans in close collaboration with colleagues and partners
- Engage in regular dialogue, cooperation and networks with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders
- Monitor the implementation of activities and contribute to the reporting, knowledge management and lessons-learned analysis of the GovID Programme.
- Design, prepare and facilitate workshops, seminars, and other events across Ghana
- Master/MSc Degree (or higher) in Public Administration, Economics, Development Studies, or related fields
- At least five years of professional work experience in development planning, evidence-based policy making, public service delivery or related fields
- Minimum two years of professional experience in international cooperation and consulting public institutions
- Motivated team player with an organized, independent, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to conceptualise, prepare, implement, and monitor capacity-building measures
- Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken)
How To Apply For This Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com stating the Job Code 2022/GovID/24/08 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 6th September 2022