SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES GHANA is a child welfare organization that provides a stable Family-Like Care (FLC) for children in need. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Projects. Currently, we operate in four locations; Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi, Tamale with the National Office in Accra. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment on our “Re-integration” Project as
Duty Post Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi & Tamale
Under the leadership of the Project Coordinator, the social worker will support project development in the area of reintegration of families and children with their communities in line with the approved concept note, logframe and budget. He/she will be responsible to support children who need to be reintegrated into their families of origin and their communities. This includes direct work with the children, caregivers and communities, based on the professional social work practice, ethic, values to achieve the sustainable development of the families and integration in the community. He/she is also responsible to ensure the timely completion of the family development plans with the active participation of children and caregivers.
The ideal candidate should
- Hold a first degree in Social Worker, Sociology, Economics or Community Development
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Child Development and Project Management
- Possess positive and professional approach. Highly organized, able to work independently, use initiative, and keep commitments.
- Be a motivated self-starter with initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Strategic thinker combined with practical “ can do’’ attitude
- Possess strong supervisory, organizational and time management skills with precision to meet deadlines.
- Must be knowledgeable in Child Rights and Child Safe Guarding Practices
- Have knowledge of national policy developments in the area of youth empowerment, entrepreneurship and employability
- Experience on reintegration, alternative care, child and young people counselling
- Experience on women’s economic empowerment
- Team player & ability to cooperate with Heads of departments and projects
Applicants living or residing in and around the job location have an added advantage
Interested applicants should submit their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers, preferred duty post), Curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates not later than 30th August 2022
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 30th August 2022