This senior manager leads a team of managers and professionals to perform and coordinate diverse work that may include operations, financial, information processing, project management, business intelligence, change management, or similar, is generally in support of a larger organization such country or regional operations. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full management through subordinate managers and/or senior professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy broad objectives and department strategies. The incumbent will ensure completion of department responsibilities, calling on available resources to achieve department objectives, working within approved budget.Responsibilities
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, service level agreements, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads managers and professionals to administer complex programs and projects, requiring professional expertise, with large scope and complexity and department or organizational level impact.
- Provides management and oversight to the administration of operational duties such as budgeting, systems support, safety, security, ministry development, communications, travel, purchasing, logistics, training, planning, or related support programs.
- Manages and may sometimes perform professional level work required for the efficient support of the larger function to which he or she is assigned. Intentionally strengthens partnerships with other department managers to support and advance organizational projects and initiatives.
- Leads and facilitates meetings to ensure productive use of time and plays a key role in leadership discussions, shaping strategy and objectives for the supported function. Further, works with internal change leadership, utilizing Compassion’s change management methodology, in communicating strategic changes deriving from or impacting supported function. Oversees the socialization and implementation across the department and monitors change saturation as needed.
- Working through subordinate managers and professionals, ensures staff conducts accurate and meaningful analysis, review, and recommendations to have meaningful impact on the work performed.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management
- 8 years experience in senior management
- Knowledge in Finance and operations, Legal experience/knowledge will be an added advant
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
- Office – Standard Office Environment
- Physical Demands Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day travel requirements may be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their CVs and Application via Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 15th November, 2022