MODEC seeks to hire the services of qualified individuals to occupy the position of a Senior Electrical Technician
- Carry out planned preventative and remedial maintenance as described in maintenance management system work instructions
- Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety and production critical equipment, reporting any deviation of set parameters and raising work orders in the maintenance management system
- Carry fault-finding and diagnostic checks on all vessel equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly. Ensure critical spares are available and any discrepancies are addressed
- Completing and maintaining all documentation associated with Maintenance engineering as required for all maintenance operational work activities
- Provides Engineering Maintenance support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility
- Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, Facility Management procedures and specifications
- Effective reporting of the status of all electrical equipment/systems (including interconnecting systems) primarily to the offshore Maintenance function, with a second reporting line to the onshore asset Electrical Engineer
- All maintenance and maintenance-related activities are carried out to the highest standards
- All test and inspection routines required by the Planned Maintenance System are completed
- Proper records/history and reports are maintained
Ensure that maintenance contractors are managed safely and effectively, providing for FPSO familiarisation of planned work scopes and work with arranging, reviewing, planning, engaging and managing of a vendor as required on the facility to complete work activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- City & Guilts (C&G) /National Certificate (ONC)/Higher National Certificate (HNC) or equivalent Electrical background.
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Certificate III Diploma PROCESS ENGINEERING – ELECTRICAL.
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ3) – Maintaining Plant and Systems – Electrical.
- 5-8 years offshore oil and gas or relevant industry experience
- Senior authorized Electrical Person for HV isolations/working.
- Maintenance Operations experience
- HV/LV Electrical generation, transformation and distribution plant experience
- Sound knowledge of HV/LV switchgear, motors, heaters and transformers
- Sound knowledge of UPS, electrical control, power management and protection systems
- Maintenance Management systems experience
- Authorized/ Senior Authorized HV Electrical isolating authority
- Comp-Ex training/competence
- FPSO experience
How To Apply For This Jobs
Interested individuals should submit their CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply
Closing Date: 10th October 2022