Job Position: Sales & Business Development Manager – DSI Ground Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, and hauling and materials handling.
The Sales & Business Development Manager – DSI Ground Support will drive sales for the entire Ground Support product portfolio by bringing the best of Sandvik’s offering to meet a given customer need and meet Sales Area/Division profitability targets.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Identify market size by sales volume and by product and lead market intelligence initiatives for DSI.
- Responsible for training and coaching of internal and external customer personnel for DSI/Ground Support.
- Identify potential clients and/or strategic clients and manage quotation to contract signature.
- Establish and maintain good business relationships with clients and key personnel and serve as the go-to person for mining and rock support topics by partaking in relevant meetings, underground trials, and seminars as required.
- Manage tender to contract signature in conjunction with account management.
- Lead sales management (sales funnel management, sales activities planning and follow-up)
- Play a key role to recruit, develop, and retain reporting personnel in line with business objectives
- Conduct competitor analysis of offering, performance, pricing, market share, and services and identify needed actions, develop action plans and track progress.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer businesses, operations, and processes.
- Ensure the equipment configuration both matches customer needs and works technically.
- Ensure CRM/Sales tools is up to date with key information.
- Create customer value propositions (that include TCO, EHS, application, and technical knowledge) to proactively create opportunities.
- Identify, analyze and drive resolution of customer issues (warranty and non-warranty) with account management.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree-qualified Engineer in Mining, Rock Mechanics, Geology, or similar; or must possess appropriate trade background with equivalent technical experience.
- A postgraduate qualification in Mining and/or Business is a plus.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant working experience
- Exposure to international markets along with strong cross-cultural awareness, particularly in remote challenging environments, is desirable.
- Exposure to ground engineering and/or rock support challenges in underground mining/tunneling at mine operators, ground support suppliers, or consultants.
- Advanced understanding of ground support technologies, including rock bolting and surface support
Skills & Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to Rock Mechanics, Underground Mining and support operations.
- Strong business sense and EHS focus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and people management skills are essential.
- Proficiency in the use of MS office applications.
- Willingness to travel and work in remote locations in West Africa for extended periods is essential.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- French language skills would be highly regarded.
Business Line Manager – Rock Tools
For immediate consideration, please apply for the Sales & Business Development Manager – DSI Ground Support position on or before 24th January 2023 on the Sandvik intranet, Job ID: R0049946
We thank you for your application and interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 13th Jan, 2023