The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Regional Office for RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the
Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration
Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Programme Support (Budget) reports to the Programme and Budget Officer. He/she acts independently in routine matters,showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in performing a broad range of programme, planning and budgeting activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and best practices and works in close collaboration with managers and staff in the regional and decentralized offices.
- Extent of trainings in project management support and programme operations support;
- Communication and documentation management;
- Administrative procedures and policies.
Tasks And Responsibilities
Coordinate the preparation, submission, revision and follow-up of the Programme of Work and Budget(PWB), and the monitoring and provision of information on the implementation of the PWB:
- Coordinate, review and analyze the Periodic Budgetary Reports for final submission to the Office of Strategic Planning;
- Assemble and synthesize data from corporate data bases to facilitate the analysis of programmes, projects or activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports;
- Monitor projects and ensure the maintenance and retrieval of programming reference material, documentation, data and information;
- Consolidate and monitor various reports on human resources planning and expenditures, the use of non-staff
- resources, the office communication and publishing plans, IT plans, and travel schedules;
- Screen incoming correspondence to identify issues requiring further attention and draft related correspondence;
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the office through training of staff and briefing of
- budget holders on administrative/budgetary/planning/programming/financial procedures and processes;
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects administration procedures;
- Perform other functions as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
- University degree in Management, Accounting, Finances or related fields;
- Five years of experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- National or Resident of Ghana
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in budgeting and planning for both Regular Programme and Projects
- Knowledge of French level C is considered an asset
- Familiarity with FAO and/or UN field programme management procedures and guidelines
- Excellent communications skill, both orally and in writing, on technical materials for audiences at different levels of technical expertise;
- Extent of knowledge of corporate information systems Oracle, FAO COIN (Country Office Information System) and FAO FPMIS (Field Programme Management Information System) is considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 5th September 2022