About the organization:
Legendary Foods Ltd. is a company dedicated to the sustainable practice of farming edible insects. With a farm in Kumasi, Ghana, Legendary Foods seeks to farm locally desired insects as a way to address food insecurity. Legendary Foods farms the palm weevil larva, a local delicacy that has been traditionally harvested.
Legendary Foods seeks to rapidly scale its production, co-develop packaged products, take advantage of export opportunities to other West African countries, and advance research on the palm weevil larvae while building a conscious company.
Legendary Foods Ltd. is looking for a passionate person to manage the processing operations of its products.
Qualifications and skills
- A degree in Food science and technology, Food processing engineering or any related field with 2 or more years of work experience in food processing, food and beverage industry
- Must have a strong leadership experience
- Scheduling and routine production activities
- Inventory management and production plan scheduling
- Strong understanding of food safety principles
- Running food quality control checks and updating quality assurance documentations
- Implementation of food quality management systems such as HACCP and ISO
- Strong problem solving skills relating to food processing, quality and safety issues
- Strong usage ability of Word and Excel
- Must have experience managing a team for a minimum of 12 months
- Must have strong verbal and oral communication
- Must have the ability to report on one’s activities in written and electronic format and the activities of their team
- Must have customer service experience
- Must be self-disciplined and have high integrity
- Manage a team of at least 6 members to prepare products, manage inventory and be efficient to maximize sales
- Train and retrain processing staff, implement protocol changes across a team and
- Following recipe in making of dishes with consistency in taste, appearance, and
- Running quality control checks and updating quality assurance documentations
- Support for establishment and maintenance food safety systems
- Innovate new products that can generate a profit margin; i.e. restructure menu
- Run processing facility operations and keep facility in order
- Act as the first line of support for troubleshooting should processing and food quality issue arise
- Conduct sensory evaluations
- Liaise with labs to conduct necessary lab tests
- Document & organize information such as: health & safety instances, protocols, protocol changes, recipes, sensory feedback, customer feedback
- Track raw materials, finished products and packaging materials’ inventories
- Prepare existing and new products under strict hygienic protocols
- Innovate packaging ideas for different sales channels
- Innovate process to optimize efficiency of personnel, ingredients & time
- Provide support to sales staff
- Provide support to product development staff
- Provide support to business development operations
Additional desired qualities
- Food safety certifications
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Driving skills
Start Date: As soon as possible
How To Apply For This Position
Application inclusion demand:
- Please submit your cover letter or letter of intention and CV titled “ Products Supervisor Application”.
- Include a copy of all relevant certificates and address your email to Miss Anita Agyare, email@example.com.
- All documents should be in PDF format and the subject of the email must be “Products Supervisor Application”
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 25th November 2022