Job Grade: J1A Employee Referral Amount: United States Dollar
About This Role
- To conduct the safe troubleshooting, replacement, repair, testing and general maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems, according to mechanical codes and specifications, to optimize plant processing and production.
In This Role, You Will
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Maintain general housekeeping of tools utilized.
- Participate in regular (i.e. daily) safety leadership efforts.
- Assure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Eliminate any safety hazards caused by mechanical defects.
- Contribute to and attend all safety meetings.
- Execute on mechanical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Identify, resolve and correct detected mechanical faults and defects in equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into faults affecting equipment operations and process flows.
- Perform routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, including predictive and preventative mechanical maintenance.
- Utilize hand tools, portable electrical tools and maintenance shop equipment safely and effectively.
- Read and utilise precision measuring tools.
- Attend to mechanical breakdowns.
- Identify damaged mechanical parts and repair and replace these, when necessary.
- Overhaul gyratory, MMD Oxide and cone crusher and its associated accessories.
- Conduct inspection and overhaul rock breaker.
- Undertake mechanical maintenance including:
- Overhauling of different types of pumps, gearboxes and other equipment.
- Conducting change-outs of mill motors and associated bearings.
- Conducting routine equipment running checks.
- Rebuilding various types of vibrating screens.
- Conducting repair works on conveyors and associated accessories.
- Disassembling and assembling various types pumps for repair work to be carried out.
- Disassembling and assembling various gearboxes for repair works.
- Rebuilding and installation of cyclones.
- Conducting repair works on mills (i.e. both sag and ball).
- Conducting servicing and repairs to overhead cranes.
- Conducting repair works on Elution heat exchangers and associated accessories.
- Conducting inspections on Agitators and making repairs to accessories.
- Rebuilding of agitator drive shafts and installations.
- Test repaired equipment to determine the extent of effective functioning.
- Provide practical and technical assistance relevant to the trade to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Conduct thorough shift handover, detailing all relevant information for the incoming crew.
- Report and record all necessary shift information in log books.
- Work with the Mechanical Supervisor to maintain optimal mechanical performance of the Process Plant.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Ahafo Process Plant operation.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Task Procedures (STP’s).
- Maintain an understanding of monthly production targets and progress.
- Strive to reduce downtime and minimize costs.
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
- Compile reports on field observations and factor results into weekly / fortnightly planning.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs completed for the day and submit the report to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical equipment for emergency repairs, conduct visual inspections with guidance.
- Diagnose whether to fix or replace machines.
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications, and in accordance with local standards.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own daily work and prioritization schedule.
- Coordinate with support services and assign short-term tasks to other Technicians, as necessary.
- Respond to inquiries and instructions in a professional manner.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Diploma or relevant certification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Sound knowledge in portable hand and power tools.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in a mining process plant or similar environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (SAP, Microsoft Word, Outlook and other Window applications).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Foremen, Maintenance Personnel, other Operators and Senior Staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot, check tolerances on bearings and use precision measuring tools.
- Ability to conduct mill motor change outs, as well as bearings during overhaul.
- Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical names of equipment parts.
- Ability to successfully depressurize all hydraulic units and carry out maintenance jobs.
- Ability to conduct repairs on vibrating screens and hacking of screen deck rails.
- Have knowledge in gyratory, MMD Sizer and cone crushers maintenance.
- Detail focused.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- The position is located at the Ahafo mine site.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here For This Job
Closing Date: 18th November, 2022