Tetra Tech ARD seeks an experienced Operations Manager for the USAID Feed the Future Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA). The purpose of the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA) is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector in Ghana while improving supplemental livelihoods, resilience, and food security of fishing.GFRA seeks to improve supplemental livelihoods and resilience measures for fishing communities, particularly for women and youth; facilitate private sector engagement and market linkages in the fishing sector; strengthen government capacity in policymaking, regulation, and enforcement; strengthen improved science and research, including data for policy and management decisions; and empower key stakeholders to effect change.
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for building and managing systems and processes for the successful compliance and operations of the GFRA program. The OM will direct all operational, administrative, compliance and IT functions of the project, providing operational and administrative support and expertise to the program, and liaises with the client, other implementing partners and any other key stakeholders at the direction of the DCOP.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The Operations Manager will report to the DCOP and work closely with the technical team. She/he will supervise the Travel and Events Coordinator, Administrative and Logistics Assistant, Administrative Assistant, and other potential operations positions
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the GFRA offices.
• Establish and maintain effective office information management systems including files, hardware, software, and technical support.
• management of the office vehicles including ensuring they are well maintained, and insurance is up to date
• Overall responsibility to develop, maintain and report on property inventory and management.
• Serve as primary liaison with office and leased residences landlords and management of the lease agreements and maintenance needs.
• Manage the facilitation of special events, staff meetings and workshops as requested.
• In coordination with the DCOP/COP, represent GFRA at administrative and management related forums.
Human Resources Management
• Establish and maintain effective personnel management records and files.
• Draft Request for Approvals for Tetra Tech ARD Home Office and USAID for new hires, consultants and staffing adjustment as directed by the DCOP/COP.
• Supervise and ensure the maintenance of work, leave, sick records and prepare reports as directed by the DCOP/COP.
• Maintain and coordinate staff evaluation schedules with appropriate supervisors.
• In consultation with the DCOP develop and maintain office policy and procedural manuals for all staff.
• Prepare, implement, and evaluate the compensation, benefit and allowance system.
• Managing the hiring process from preparing the job advertisements to interview to nomination.
• Participate in all interviews and maintain the resumes, scoring sheets and results.
• Prepare contracts for Tetra Tech ARD’s employees, consultants,interns and other short-term hires.
Procurement Services for Program Support
• Supervision of the procurement system for program operation costs ensuring robust quality control and due diligence in full compliance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Prepare requests for waivers of procurement regulations as appropriate or necessary for program operation commodities as directed by the DCOP.
• Maintain effective procurement documentation and records in compliance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID policies and procedures for all program operation costs.
• Coordinate with the DCOP on addressing procurement issues pertaining to VAT processing and reporting for program operation costs.
• Supporting the procurement and timely delivery of GFRA events
Safety, Security and Travel Administration
• Serve as GFRA’s Safety and Security Officer with appropriate representation and coordination with USAID, Tetra Tech ARD, offices, to ensure up-to-date security program maintenance.
• Explore and develop new and appropriate access to safety and security networks that enhance GFRA’s operations.
• Ensure strict compliance with Tetra Tech ARD, USG and USAID safety and security guidance.
• Maintain and update the Tetra Tech ARD Safety and Security Guidelines and ensure compliance.
• Maintain and update the Tetra Tech ARD Emergency Contact Rosters and phone tree.
• Oversee GFRA travel procedures including travel requests and approvals.
• Manage GFRA vehicles and their usage, with the goal of maximizing cost effectiveness of GFRA travel.
• Maintain GFRA’s travel calendar to ensure all staff are aware of upcoming events and travel.
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
• Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field, such as in Business Administration, Public Policy,Economics,and/or International Relations.
• At least 5 years of experience in operational management or relevant position.
• Demonstrated experience in overseeing compliance, operational, administrative, and IT functions of international development work.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
• Experience managing large programs, with demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain complex systems and procedures involving multiple implementation sites, multiple partners, and diverse staff and beneficiaries.
• Preferred to have knowledge of US government policies, procedures, and regulations, agreement compliance, financial planning and management, procurement, subaward management, and other management support areas.
• Ability to effectively manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
LANGUAGES: Fluent in English.
How To Apply For This Job
Kindly apply through:
GFRA.Applications@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format.
Subject of email should be Operations Manager
Closing Date: 30 November, 2022