The Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) in fulfilment of its mandate of ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Local Government Service (LGS) as provided in the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936) is seeking highly successful and result-oriented person to fill the position of Regional Coordinating Director.
To provide leadership in the implementation of Government Programmes, Policies and Plans at a Regional Coordinating Council.
- Promotes effective coordination and institutional relationships among MMDAs, RCCs, OHLGS and other public and private sector organizations;
- Assesses project proposals and contract agreements to ensure compliance with prescribed laws and regulations;
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of policies at national and local levels;
- Acts as Advisor to the Hon Regional Minister, Head of Service and Development Partners;
- Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff;
- Appraises direct reports; and
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
Qualification And Experience:
- Masters degree in Public Policy, Development Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Public Administration Planning or an equivalent discipline;
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years relevant working experience of which Five (5) years has been in a Director or analogous position in the Local Government Service (LGS);
- Lastly, Membership of a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
Knowledge And Skills Required:
- Public Financial Management
- Leadership and Managerial skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Then, Good monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Substantial expertise in Public Sector Management, Project Management and Local Government Administration and relevant legislations;
- Excellent analytical skills; and
- Literacy in Information & Communications Technology
- Finally, Applicants shall be serving officers of the Local Government Service
How To Apply For This Job
Submit an application and attach copies of the following:
- Educational Certificates;
- Continuous Professional Development Certificates;
- A Two-Page Vision Statement of the position;
- Curriculum vitae indicating the contact details and addresses of three (3) referees of which one shall be professionally-related.
Completed application with all relevant attachments marked ‘APPLICATION FOR REGIONAL COORDINATING DIRECTOR’ shall be submitted to:
The Head of Service
Office of the Head of the Local Government Service
Post Office Box MB 396
To read more about this job CLICK HERE TO THE OFFICAL OHLGS JOB WEBPAGE
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30th November 2022