Newmont Mining Corporation is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: Maintenance Engineer
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
The Asset Management Operating Support Network (AM OSN) will provide subject matter expert (SME) and engineering support for global programs, such as Full Potential, Operate for Reliability (O4R), defect elimination, asset integrity, and root cause analysis. The Maintenance Engineer is a site-based role that reports centrally and is responsible for supporting site teams with subject matter expertise and support in rolling out recommendations from Reliability Engineers and specialized global programs including Hydrocarbon Management and Asset Integrity.
Key Outcomes Include
- Provide support to site Asset Management teams with technical maintenance engineering/advising needs including facilitating and overseeing technical inspections, managing technical vendors on sites, and providing guidance to scope out complex maintenance work.
- Drive site implementation of best practices and standards developed by Reliability Engineers and subject matter expert groups within the Asset Management Operating Support Network (AM OSN) including Hydrocarbon Management and Asset Integrity.
- Communicate global Asset Management best practices and technical vision at a site level.
In This Role You Will
Safety and Health
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health.
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives.
Support site Asset Management teams with technical engineering expertise
- Implement solutions for gaps or challenges faced by site Asset Management teams relating to maintenance engineering support.
- Ensure site Asset Management teams are supported with best-in-class technical support when planning complex tasks, selecting and managing technical vendors, and conducting inspections.
- Providing training of site personnel to support Asset Management programs including hydrocarbon management and condition monitoring.
- Lead inspections and root cause analysis investigations at site.
Ensure governance and successful execution of Asset Management Operating Support Network (AM OSN) programs on sites
- Identify and mitigate challenges at sites relating to execution and governance of global reliability engineering, hydrocarbon management, and asset integrity programs and recommendations.
- Act as site champion for Asset Management programs.
Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a technical diploma, or equivalent industry experience.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience desirable.
- Understanding of reliability principles and data driven insights.
- 3-5 years of experience in heavy industry.
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Experience with change, communication and knowledge management methodologies.
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices across multiple sites.
- Experience using analytical tools and processes that improve Asset Management performance, reliability and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets.
- Experience with root cause analysis of production loss and development of successful solutions to reduce losses.
- Experience facilitating statutory / regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization.
- An ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking.
- An ability to manage tasks both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders across different functions and between site and central teams.
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven business decisions.
- Position will be site based.
- Position may be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Flexible hours required to accommodate global nature of work.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested persons should submit their applications and resume via the company’s website Click Here To Apply Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Deadline: 17th March, 2023