Abt Associates is seeking the services of a Grants Assistant to occupy its vacant position.
Abt Associates (Abt) is a mission-driven global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation in the fields of international development, health, and social and environmental policy. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries. Serving both the public and private sectors, Abt supports participatory governance processes that empower citizens and promote accountability and transparency across sectors. Our impact is felt in responsive and inclusive institutions, empowered communities, equitable access to public services, improved mobilization and management of financial resources, and enhanced enabling environments for economic growth and opportunity.
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Grants Assistant for the Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening (RING II Systems Strengthening) activity. This activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. RING II Systems Strengthening will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
The Grants Assistant will be based in Tamale, Ghana where they will work under direct supervision of the Grants Manager.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Supports the Grants Manager as they oversee grants administration, compliance, and implementation procedures as documented in USAID ADS 302 & 303 and the approved Grants Manual and ensure compliance with local laws.
- Reviews grants manual and related program documents as required.
- Supports the development of grants solicitations and advertisements.
- Contributes to the design and preparation of grant review guidelines for evaluators, including but not limited to scoring formats.
- With the Grants Manager, participates in negotiations with applicants; and supports the preparation of the negotiation memoranda, approval requests, and award documents.
- Reviews grantee financial reports and vouchers and ensures that all payment requests are supported and justified by appropriate documentation.
- Organizes and maintains tracking tools and spreadsheets for all grants awarded by the activity.
- Collaborates with various internal project teams (including technical, grants, MEL, and communications) to ensure grant deliverables are well tracked and performed.
- Assists in supporting the logistics, file documentation, and data management for grants.
- Works closely with the Grants Manager to ensure effective communications with grantees, USAID, and Abt’s US office.
- Ensures detailed tracking of verification of deliverables, award funding balances, voucher, payment, reconciliation status, and other pertinent information.
- Provides reports and updates on grant status to activity leadership as requested.
- Performs general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing and mailing.
- Assists the Grants Manager in working with grantees to prepare and complete their budgets during the application process to ensure compliance with USAID and Abt financial rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, economics, and/or other relevant field and at least 5 years of relevant, practical experience working with USAID grants, monitoring of grantees and award administration and management.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects or other international donors.
- Sound knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures related to grants.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
- Skills with Quicken, Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as electronic communications programs, required.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English required.
- Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
BS + 5, MS + 3, PHD + 0
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their application via the company’s website: Click Here To Apply Online
Deadline: 17th November 2022