Across the developing world, more children ever are in school – but they are not learning. A recent study estimated that less than 1% of school children in Sub-Saharan Africa attend a school where the teaching meets basic standards of quality. At Rising Academies, we’re changing that, and we want your help.
We are a growing network of inspiring schools in West Africa. Our mission is to unleash the full potential of every student, equipping them with the knowledge, skills and character to succeed in further study, work, and day-to-day life.
We support more than 250,000 students across Sierra Leone, Liberia, Uganda, and Ghana through a combination of low cost private schools we manage directly, and partnership schools we manage in collaboration with governments. In Ghana, our private schools operate under the Omega Schools brand and offer three phases of education: pre-primary, primary, and junior high. Independent evaluations have found that Rising students make learning gains two to three times larger than their peers in comparable schools.
About the role:
We are seeking an ambitious, motivated, and highly organised School Manager to support the management of our schools in Ghana. As a School Manager you will be responsible for managing one school. The individual will play a key role in ensuring we improve our school performance and management.The School Manager will:
- Oversee the management, operations, and financial functions of your school including but not limited to regular marketing campaigns, enrolment drives, timely collection, management, and reporting of school fees.
- Consistently achieve enrolment and attendance targets set by the Business Manager and HQ.
- Contribute to building a stellar reputation for Rising Academy Schools in the community.
- Work closely with the Business and Operations Manager to ensure that targets and deadlines are met and budgets are adhered to.
- Ensure all school staff and students report to school on time and are motivated to teach and learn everyday.
- Implement appropriate measures to ensure your school is fully staffed and performing to the standards set by Rising.
- Support the continuous improvement of teaching staff through teacher observations and coaching.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement through regular data review of school and staff performance, attendance records, and student assessment data.
- Build and establish a positive and collaborative relationship with staff, students, and the community in line with Rising’s values.
Qualifications and Experience
- University level undergraduate degree.
- A Masters degree is preferable, but not required.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the education sector.
- You have the acumen to design and execute strategies that help the school and organisation reach its goals.
- You have the highest levels of integrity and trustworthiness.
- You are good at systems building and holding different stakeholders accountable to clear expectations.
- You must have exceptional written and verbal English language skills.
- You are comfortable with technology and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive, and use of the internet.
- You are a strong communicator, able to motivate, challenge and support your team members.
- You are willing to learn, open to giving and receiving feedback, and trying new approaches to achieve your goals.
- You have the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under limited supervision.
- You are passionate about improving the quality of education.
Rising Academies is committed to creating a culture within the organisation and its schools that recognises the importance of safeguarding children and prioritising their rights and needs. We strive to uphold international safeguarding standards, and keep the safety and well-being of our students at the heart of what we do. All Rising employees are expected to abide by the Child Protection Policy, and to have the same level of commitment to protect children from harm.
Compensation and benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We regularly benchmark our compensation against comparable businesses, social ventures, and non-profits.
Location and reporting
The School Manager reports to the Business Manager and will be based at our school located in the Greater Accra and Central region.
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their applications via the company’s website: CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Deadline: 15th November 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications