Marie Stopes Ghana is seeking to hire the services of qualified persons to occupy the vacant position below.
Job Position: Head, Internal Audit
Length of contract: renewable
The Head, of Internal Audit and his/her team ensure organisational sustainability by reviewing, guiding and providing assurance on the effectiveness of management controls to address risks to the achievement of MSG’s strategic and operational objectives. In addition, the Internal Auditor has responsibility for the management and oversight of the Anti-Fraud and Bribery Programme.
The role will work collaboratively with members of the senior leadership team to achieve the organization’s mission and goals. Together with members of the senior leadership team, the position is responsible for driving the organization towards growth and sustainability
- Oversee the planning and management of the organization’s audit and investigation functions, including assisting with development of strategic objectives and operational procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee investigative activities to detect, deter, prevent, and eradicate fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement and ethical misconduct.
- Develop, recommend, and implement internal audit programs that evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and test compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Plan, conduct, and control audits, including financial, compliance, and operational audits
- Provide direction to and supervise assigned personnel.
- Formulate and prepare audit reports that attest to the effectiveness of managerial controls over the organization’s assets and finances.
- Oversee the preparation of audit reports and review all audit work papers prepared by audit staff to ensure quality control, uniformity, and adherence to generally accepted practices.
- Evaluate internal accounting controls over the organization’s financial operations; and perform substantive tests of financial records, systems, programs, and projects within MS to ensure adherence with policy and laws
- Review operational performance data (including numbers of client visits and other activity data) and compliance with each local entity’s SIP (Significant Involvement Policy).
- Report on the value for money that the country program obtains, focusing on economy, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability.
- Develop and implement an organizational compliance program, to ensure adherence to MSI and donor standards.
- Contribute proactively to the design of new processes and systems to ensure that appropriate controls are built in by design’.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Internal Audit team in order to achieve the organization’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Ensure all staff are aligned with the organization and MS values.
- Proactively mentor and/or coach direct reports to critically assess opportunities to improve efficiency and maximize impact
- Ensure that the structure of the team is fit for purpose and that all roles and responsibilities are relevant to the needs and demands of the organization, and that goals and strategies are clearly communicated to all team members.
- Role model Marie Stopes core values and demonstrate Marie Stopes behaviors at all times.
- Represent Marie Stopes externally and internally in accordance with its values and policies and as may be delegated by the Country Director at any time
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Country Director
Required Skills or Experience:
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Professional qualification with CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- A minimum of five years supervisory experience in business and/or an accounting field in a reputable organization or in the audit of large donor funded programmes.
- Strong internal audit experience; able to demonstrate an understanding of the approaches and objectives of a good internal audit function.
- Significant senior management experience (a mix of donor funded and private sector preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems and reporting, especially donor contract requirements for budgeting and reporting.
- Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy workloads, and meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Hands-on experience with electronic accounting systems; knowledge of SUN Systems and mobile money essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and management skills that motivate high performing teams and encourage innovation and creativity
- Proven IT skills with the ability to analyse data for strategic purposes and decision making
- Pro choice
- Approachable with strong interpersonal & listening skills together with the ability to empower their team
- Strategic thinker, excellent analytical skills. Track record of delivering targets Strong results orientation.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- The highest levels of integrity, strong ethical attitude
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude leading diverse teams at a distance. Strong commitment to the goals and vision of the Marie Stopes Interest in public health, particularly sexual and reproductive health. Flexibility to operate in a changing environment.
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and oral) at all levels.
- IT literate
- Cross-functional team player
How To Apply For This Position
- This application is open only to Ghanaian nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
- We encourage Early applications as shortlisting and interviews will be on rolling basis.
- Qualified persons should CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Deadline: 9th December 2022.
Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.