Gold Fields Ghana is seeking to employ an experienced and results-driven individual for the position of Unit Manager-Remuneration and Benefits.
Reporting to the Regional Human Resource Manager – West Africa, the incumbent will design and manage remuneration and benefits practices considering national and global trends and group practices to attract and retain talents to drive superior returns for the business.
About The Role
- Develop and implement remuneration and benefits strategies to ensure the Company attracts and retains the best talents in the industry.
- Design remuneration and benefits services, make recommendations, and prepare proposals for new and improved programs based on the company’s need and/or legislative changes.
- Lead the remuneration and benefits team on data collection, data preparation and analysis to support Company’s collective bargaining agreement and Wage negotiation with the Organised Labour.
- Conduct salary and benefits surveys and advise on trends and company’s competitiveness.
- Lead remuneration and benefits discussions with relevant stakeholders at the enterprise level.
- Coordinate the preparation of job analysis and lead the relevant stakeholders in job evaluation at the enterprise level
- Ensure data integrity and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Remuneration Management System.
- Provide expert advice on compensation, benefits, incentive schemes, and champion relevant education across the organization.
- Provide leadership and build capacity in HR and management team with regards to remuneration and benefits, processes, systems, and accepted practices.
- A degree in HR Management, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, and other related fields from an accredited institution, and a p rofessional Certification in Remuneration and Benefits. A Post-graduate qualification in HR Management , and an Advanced qualification in Compensation & Benefits Administration, Remuneration or Reward Strategy will be an added merit.
- 6 – 8 p roven working experience as a Remuneration and Benefits Specialist.
- Excellent understanding of business change principles, financial management or basic accounting principles.
- Prior experience in HR practices and compensation cycle management.
- Working knowledge of job analysis and job evaluation systems, and salary structure design
- Previous experience with organisational psychology and labour market surveys
- Active membership of a professional HR body such as the Total Rewards Association (WorldatWork), CIPD (UK), SHRM (USA), CIHRM (Ghana) etc
- Sound statistical thinking skills and proficiency in the use of statistical tools
- Extensive knowledge in HR Analytics and Metrics
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with a consultative approach to delivering outcomes.
- Medical fitness for the position and environment.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license