Olam International is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: Sustainability Communications Associate
Case studies: help identify, draft and edit case studies that showcase different approaches to address a range of sustainability topics. This will involve speaking to a multitude of operational colleagues to translate what can be complex, multi-faceted programmes into clear and concise key messages, bullet-pointed summaries and practical lessons learned.
Research & project briefs: prepare briefs of latest research and projects that distil academic reports and a multitude of project documents, respectively, into compelling summary documents
Knowledge management platform: identify and organize content (internal and external training resources, case studies, research report, briefs, research catalogue, project catalogue, etc.) for ‘Think-In’, the internal knowledge management platform. Regularly vet the content with subject matter experts and ensure information is accurate and up-to-date. Respond to queries from platform users in a timely manner and liaise with IT to ensure any bugs are quickly resolved. Maintain a library of training resources.
CR&S Workplace page: moderate the CR&S page of Workplace by Facebook, engage users in meaningful knowledge exchange, post relevant content from the knowledge platform to the Workplace page – especially on international thematic days – to encourage learning and inspire action across the company
Internal learning & engagement: support the preparation (i.e. content, logistics, coordination, etc.) of virtual and/or in-person events including meets, workshops, and learning exchanges, etc.
Work collaboratively with Internal and Corporate Communications: collaborate with Internal and Corporate Communications to support greater awareness, learning and exchange for sustainability.
- Provide writing and content support to funding proposals, reports, and meeting minutes, as needed
- Collect, structure and make available compelling and relevant photographs of the Olam Group’s sustainability work
The Olam Group’s Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Function is seeking a Communications Associate to support strategic communications, knowledge management and internal learning initiatives that will aid in the achievement of company’s desired sustainability impacts.
The Associate sits within the CR&S Function, which focuses on promoting sustainable livelihoods, inclusive community development and environmental sustainability in the Olam Group’s agricultural and food value chains.
The Sustainability Communications Associate will be responsible for preparing, packaging, and disseminating key information (i.e. case studies, research briefs, grants opportunities, simple video interview, small scripts/storyboards, etc.). A primary way of disseminating information will be through the management of the knowledge management platform for sustainability known as ‘Think-In’.
The Sustainability Communications Associate will collaborate directly with all members of the CR&S Function, and will need to maintain relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders from different business units and other functions (e.g. Corporate Communications) to gather and provide relevant information and resources.
Additionally, the Sustainability Communications Associate will help in the organization of virtual and in-person knowledge-sharing events and provide general support to writing, content development and internal engagement.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other relevant domain such as organizational learning, agronomy, international affairs, business administration, etc.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar position
- Native-level English fluency. Intermediate-advanced level of French, Spanish, Portuguese or others considered a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in InDesign and the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Simple image edition required, skills in graphic design considered a plus
- Familiarity with IT, especially digital and video means of communication
- Experience in sustainability and/or food/agri-business as it relates to a familiarity with the challenges and opportunities for food system transformation preferred
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good analysing skills and keen eye for detail
- Team player with positive attitude
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE