Sumundi invites applications from qualified individuals to occupy the position of Tax Consultant
Sumundi powers retail businesses because they are the backbone of the African economy.
Our one-stop retail management platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling efficient inventory management, remote monitoring of sales and business transactions, expansion to new locations, digital payments, SMS communication, multichannel sales, and financial solutions, among many others.
With Sumundi, merchants in retail can build thriving businesses for the future. Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all industries. As our vendors scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same.
Looking for a remote tax (accounting) job? Join the Sumundi team as a consultant, work online with a schedule that supports your needs, and help Sumundi customers get a better picture of their books, taxes and finances.
Common responsibilities for a tax consultant when working with Sumundi clients include:
- Reviewing financial details.
- Meeting with clients (virtually) and discussing their financial details and taxable income.
- Identifying potential deductions a client may be entitled to.
- Preparing clients’ tax returns and offering the lowest obligation possible for the client.
- Helping businesses and individuals create strategies for dealing with tax and preparing for their future in the retail market.
- Determining tax owed and preparing tax returns.
- Provide tax advisory and compliance services for clients.
- Conduct tax health checks on clients’ operations.
- Participate in tax planning activities including writing reports and educating clients on changes in tax laws.
- Filing tax on behalf of clients
We look for applicants with
- Good knowledge in and application of the tax laws and accounting principles
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team and
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and ability to apply IT knowledge to resolve tax issues
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED & EXPERIENCE
- Have the minimum educational qualification of a first degree from a reputable university
- Be affiliated to an accounting professional body e.g. ICA(G) & ACCA or Be a member / a student (final level) of the chartered institute of Taxation (Ghana)
- Have worked in a tax environment for at least one year
- You can choose to work part-time or full-time (20 hours per week / 40 hours per week) with Sumundi.
- The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Sumundi.
- The compensation level for this role is highly performance based and performing contractors should expect to earn between GHC36,000 – GHC96,000 /year.
- The payment period is monthly
How To Apply For This Job
Qualified individuals should CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE