GIZ Ghana invites job applications from eligible and qualified individuals to occupy the position of Procurement Officer
GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance
Scope of the Role
The incumbent provides procurement services in accordance with GIZ policy and standards; administering logistics and contract management services; providing guidance, advice, and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, transparent and provide the best overall value to GIZ, all while ensuring excellent client service internally. The procurement Officer supports theManager in the discharge of responsibilities, develops new tools and training sessions, applies procurement best practices.
• In accordance with GIZ regulations and in consultation with Head Office, executes local procurement of materials, equipment, and services, invitations to tender and order processing
• Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft, ? checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints
• Organizes the safe transport of goods to destination Customs declarations:
• Processes customs declaration procedures (duty-free import of goods, entering information in customs declaration database, producing statistics)
• Monitors and processes clearing of goods Vehicle registration:
• Participates in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official vehicles, tax and insurance issues with project vehicles), new registration and insurance.
• Assists with processing accident insurance claims against local and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ Head Office
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of procurement regulations, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• BA/MSc/master’s degree
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Solution-driven mindset
• Ability to organize workload, and deliver under the pressure of deadline
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge of procurement laws and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and German are advantageous
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2022/CO/10/10. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 24 October, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion
are encouraged to apply.