University Research Co. (URC) is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning/Knowledge Management (MEL/KM) Director USAID Quality Services for Health (Q4H) Activity, Ghana
University Research Co., LLC (URC):
Guided by a strong vision of equitable and resilient systems that respond to people’s needs and emerging threats, URC helps countries and local actors to build, implement, and sustain science-driven, scalable solutions. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical expertise to empower governments, communities, and service providers toward strengthening their own health and social systems and improve service quality. We aim to expand access to and improve the quality of services, addressing maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; global health security and infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition and water, sanitation, and hygiene. In our interactions with each other and our clients, we stay true to our values for transformative change by focusing on:
- Creativity: by unleashing our creativity, we enhance engagement and interaction to improve problem-solving.
- Collaboration: not only our work towards the same vision and mission instill staff with a strong sense of purpose, but also enables us to complement each other’s skills and allocate work to maximize everyone’s strengths.
- Accountability: we hold ourselves responsible for accomplishing goals, completing assignments, and making decisions.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: we embrace the importance of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, where our leadership and staff model behavior that enriches our organization, demonstrates respect for all people, and supports opportunities for all staff.
- Transparency: we understand that when employees deeply trust one another and their leaders, they will be more engaged in their roles because they will not be worried about unfair treatment.
- Provide overall technical leadership to all related MEL and adapting activities based on the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework.
- Ensure the establishment, implementation, and period review of an effective and efficient system to monitor progress, impact, and success of Activity implementation.
- Oversee the Activity’s MEL/KM approach, identifying cost-effective means to monitor the progress and measures impact of project activities and providing insight for adaptative management.
- Regularly review and update the MEL/KM plan.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of the MEL/KM framework for project implementation in selected intervention areas.
- Develop, manage, and implement the Activity’s MEL/KM systems, including selection and monitoring of relevant performance indicators, establishing or identifying baseline data, and setting annual performance targets.
- Establish and maintain traditional and innovative methods and systems to compile, analyze, and report the Activity’s data at all levels and across levels, including at the community level.
- Work closely with the technical team to prepare, document, and disseminate periodic reports of program results and disseminates results including by project reports, publications, summaries, and special reports.
- Develop and submit reports in compliance with USAID reporting requirements.
- Conduct analysis of program data and identify methods for using results for continuous program improvement.
- Ensure that necessary staff, partners, and stakeholders are included in sharing of information and knowledge and that the flow of information is multi-directional.
- Ensure that project technical products and Activity accomplishments are shared through various venues, including through regular performance review meetings at the national, regional, and subregional levels.
- Design and implement systems to support improved data collection, analysis, and use of relevant indicators by the MOH and its Agencies, including GHS, and relevant actors for timely and effective decision making and planning.
- Lead training initiatives as needed in relevant health information systems, data collection, analysis, and use.
- Design and oversee data collection at all levels and ensure quality and completeness of reported data.
- Supervise one MEL/KM staff member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication, and presentations skills.
- Familiarity with USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures, systems, and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and to work as a team member, including with team members working in remote locations.
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- English language fluency is required.
- Proficiency in Excel and relevant systems such as SPSS or STATA is strongly preferred.
- Strong strategic planning and diplomacy skills.
- Master’s in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Statistics or related field required.
- At least 10 years of work experience, five of which include design, monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management for global public health projects.
- Experience with Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service Health Information Management System
- Experience leading M&E efforts for USAID project/s of similar size and scope required
- Demonstrated experience using different research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, conducting data analysis, and establishing M&E systems in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in M&E capacity building in developing countries required.