IFDC is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Collaboration Learning, and Adapting Specialist
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through developing and transferring effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
Since 2018, IFDC is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development West Africa Mission’s (USAID/WA) Feed the Future Enhancing Growth through Regional Agricultural Input Systems (EnGRAIS) program, in partnership with ECOWAS, UEMOA, CILSS, CORAF, and WAFA, inter alia.
USAID/WA is considering a 3-year cost and time extension of the EnGRAIS project, with a focus on four workstreams: (workstream 1) Boosting the private sector-led supply of quality fertilizer and seed inputs through public-private partnerships (PPPs); (workstream 2) Increasing nutrient use efficiency through scaling up of dissemination and adoption of innovative and efficient agricultural input packages (AIPs) under the framework of the ECOWAS Regional Agricultural Input Strategy; (workstream 3) improving and harmonizing fertilizer policy and regulatory systems across West Africa in accordance with ECOWAS guidance, and (workstream 4) Facilitating knowledge dissemination of large-scale, high-quality fertilizer market data..
1.2 Position Description
The MEL/CLA Specialist is responsible for efficient implementation of Feed the Future EnGRAIS monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities which include assisting in development of MEL plan, strategic result framework, data collection tools (online and offline), collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) system and supporting adapting project management and reporting.
S/He will ensure smooth implementation of MEL/ CLA operations at field level and its follow-up. S/He will carry internal data quality assessment (DQA) and report the findings immediately. S/He will monitor the quality of partners/ sub-grantees MEL/CLA related data, documents and other deliverables. S/he will introduce ICT based MEL system for Result Based Monitoring System (RBMS). S/He will work closely with the workstreams leaders on MEL/ CLA matters aiming to improve the activity interventions and will report immediately if notice any notable deviation or manipulation.
1.3 Duties and Responsibilities
- under the leadership of the COP, assist in designing, developing, and unpacking a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan, CLA and coherent consistence information flow and learning.
- Play proactive roles in developing indicators linked to activity results framework, an inclusive market systems approach-based agricultural and fertilizer productivity and value chains related and measure periodic progress against the indicators.
- Monitor progress using USAID’s standard and customized indicators
- Monitor and measure the progress of new indicators
- Complete internal documentation on data collection processes and data quality (DQA)
- Review and keep updating the performance indicator reference sheets (PIRS)
- Assist to develop appropriate tools (quantitative and qualitative, paper based and e-survey, customized tools) to monitor, measure and evaluate the indicators and activity performance, effectiveness, and impact.
- Support knowledge management system for ensuring collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) system in place for internal users (activity management and staff) and external users (market actors, donor and practitioners).
- Coordinate data collection from partners toward achievement of outcomes.
- Assist the technical leaders through online data collection, filtering, analysis and presentation in brief and non-technical manner.
- Ensure support to donor and other relevant parties through provision of required data and adhere with IFDC and USAID’s relevant policy and guidance.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the EnGRAIS CoP.
1.4 Duty station
This position may be posted to any of the current IFDC office locations in West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal, or Togo). He/she should be available to travel frequently within and outside the region when called upon to.
The position is open for the duration of the project (March 2023 – Feb 2026), subject to availability of funding.
1.6 Equal opportunity
IFDC is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered for employment with no discrimination on the basis of their protected characteristics (race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, age, marital status, disability).
Interested candidates must send their resumes in English accompanied with a motivation letter in either English or French.
- Master’s degree preferred in Development Studies, Economics, Development Management, and relevant social science discipline.
- Minimum five years of professional experience.
- Sound technical knowledge of MEL, and CLA, training, and dissemination.
- Experience in report writing, planning and implementation of activities.
- Thorough understanding and applicable skills in MEL, CLA and, large and complex data quality examination, analysis and, quality data management.
- Ability to plan own work, setting priorities and complete it under pressure or when faced with competing demands.
- Ability to use MS Office- Word, Excel and Power Point and common statistical.
- Work experience in USAID / FTF funded agriculture and value chain project is preferred.
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English or French and working knowledge in the other
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested persons should submit their applications and resume via the company’s website Click Here To Apply Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Deadline: 14th March, 2023