• Through extensive capacity-building measures on Conservation Agriculture, Community Engagement and improved planning and policies on District level, the challenges of climate change for rural areas are tackled. The Project is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
• It is part of the EU Ghana Agricultural Programme which is implemented together with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of Ghana (MoFA).
Scope of Role:
• In a team with another M&E Officer you develop tools and methodologies to capture and track the projects progress and thereby provide important information for the steering of its processes.
• At the same time you ensure that the necessary data for reporting and communication is available.
• Additionally, you are responsible for the implementation of a process to introduce the instrument of Sustainable Environmental Assessments at the 14 MMDAs of the projects joint programme area.
• Effectively links the project monitoring system with the EU-GAP structures and the EU monitoring system
• Plans and Guides data collection with technical project staff and the Regional/District Planning and Coordination Units
• Steering the process to implement a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) capacity-building programme
• Is responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting meetings or workshops, with a focus on M&E
• Support project management on the progress review and potential adjustments to log frame structure
• Collects input and produces the annual narrative report to the EU Delegation Ghana
• Creates a frequent exchange and a planned joint reporting mechanism with the M&E focal points of EU Ghana Agriculture Programme (EUGAP)
Qualification Required & Experience
• 3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with a track record on developing and setting up monitoring systems.
• Work experience with public sector institutions and experience in the field of sustainable environmental analysis.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge in quantitative/qualitative analysis, ability to produce structured reports.
• Experience in analyzing agricultural/environmental as well as socio-economic related data.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, proven skill in report writing.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Team, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent knowledge of English; Knowledge of local languages of Upper West is a strong asset.
• Strong knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. data analysis programmes like SPSS, Power BI etc.).
• Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation, and negotiation skills.Location: Wa
How To Apply For This Position
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting the Job Code 2022/REACH-M&E/14/11 in the subject line.
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
are encouraged to apply.