Last Mile Health (LMH) is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Chief Financial Officer
About the Organization
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputations and resources. Do you have demonstrated experience managing a large multinational team working in a fast-paced and complex environment? If so, you might be the right candidate to join our Global Finance and Administration team as our Chief Financial Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO), reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and together with the Finance team, will develop and monitor LMH’s financial strategy and manage the organization’s financial resources, collaborating effectively across the organization. As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO will oversee all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization in conjunction with the CEO, broader executive team, and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors. In addition to financial strategy, the CFO is responsible for accounting, budgeting, grants management, cash management, investments, audit, compliance, financial risk management, and financial reporting.
The CFO will have direct supervisory responsibility for the Senior Controller and Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
This position is located in Accra, Ghana and is open to both national and international candidates.
What You’ll Do
- Develop leaders and build teams
- Mentor and develop a global Finance team of 20+ staff across five countries through a period of significant organizational growth
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities across global and regional finance positions; clarify ownership amongst finance staff members as well as clarify hand-off points between finance and other teams
- Manage work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team
- Establish annual objectives and targets for Finance Team, manage towards those objectives, and provide regular updates to Executive Management on progress.
- Execute effectively, making finance a true ‘center of excellence’
- Manage the team to seamlessly execute on day-to-day finance responsibilities, including but not limited to: close the books on time and accurately; produce actionable monthly reports for budget owner; accurately forecast revenue and expenses; make payments on-time with adequate vendor controls; manage grant releases and financial reporting; manage the organization towards unrestricted net asset goals; maintain minimum cash and net asset balances.
- Collaborate extensively with other business services teams and leaders to ensure integrated development and delivery of business solutions to LMH’s program offices
- Instill a culture of ownership, accountability, and internal customer service at all levels of finance
- Regularly measure and report on individual and team metrics, improving key outcomes such as time to close books, budget and forecast accuracy, impact per dollar, etc.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP, regulatory requirements, and audit requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities
- Design, implement, and maintain fiscal policies and procedures
- Manage cash flow and forecasting
- Set and Steer financial vision and strategy, acting as a thought-partner to programs and executive leaders
- Oversee budgeting and strategic planning, making simple and intuitive tools that drive substantive strategic conversations, with particular focus on cost-to-impact measurement and strategies to improve efficiency of impact delivery
- Manage organizational performance against the annual budget and LMH’s long-term strategy. Provide strategic recommendations to leadership based on financial analysis and projections
- Create a practical and useful financial forecasting process that drives efficient long-term impact
- Clearly communicate the organization’s financial position and strategy with partners, funders, auditors, the board, and leadership teams
- Build financial management capacity across the organization, driving towards a culture of efficient impact
What You’ll Bring
- Masters degree (in a discipline such as business, finance, accounting) required. CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships in a multicultural environment
- Experience in a senior leadership role overseeing significant parts of a complex finance function across multiple countries in a high-growth, innovative organization
- Experience integrating finance workstreams into other business services; belief that finance solutions are best delivered alongside other business functions
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Ability to distill complex information and communicate it clearly and succinctly to executive-level staff
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including GAAP, fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have CFO, or other CxO experience at a multinational nonprofit with $20m+ budget.
- You have experience with NetSuite.
- You have experience with USAID and other government grants and overhead cost negotiations.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
- The band for this position: SLB-7
- The salary range is: $185,880 to $216,022 dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: Jan 2nd. 2023
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.