JSI Research & Training Institute is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Consultant – Desk Review on Anemia Situation in Northern Ghana (USAID Advancing Nutrition Ghana).
USAID Advancing Nutrition Ghana seeks the services of a consultant to work with our anemia expert to conduct a desk review on the anemia situation in northern Ghana, particularly in USAID’s zone of influence. The study will allow us to identify the determinants and drivers of anemia in the area and feed into the development of a list of prioritized interventions tailored to Northern Ghana, to achieve anemia prevention and control (APC) among all women of reproductive age and children under five years.
The objectives of the desk review are as follows:
- Describe the various factors associated with anemia in Northern Ghana, statistics on anemia and its causes. Describe research that has been done on causes, burden of disease, behavioral factors contributing to anemia in Northern Ghana.
- Describe the program interventions being carried out by various sectors to prevent and control anemia in northern Ghana, including the key stakeholders; summarize the current performance; describe the strengths and weaknesses of the interventions, with a focus on the policy, environment, coordination between stakeholders, and the existing capacity (technical, logistic, and human resources) of the various institutions.
- Using the information from (i) and (ii), develop a list of evidence-based, practical, and actionable interventions to address anemia in women and children in Northern Ghana, which also includes a plan for monitoring and evaluations.
- Suggest any further assessments necessary and potential partners.
The consultant will assist the USAID Advancing Nutrition anemia expert to conduct the desk review. Specifically, s/he will:
- Identify and assemble relevant information. Relevant information may be included in routine government reporting systems or regulatory monitoring systems. National alliances or working groups, or similar bodies that oversee health (e.g., nutrition, disease control, reproductive health, etc.), agriculture, or other relevant sectors, may have anemia-related information. This will involve:
- contacting stakeholders to request documents and/or data and
- searching on the worldwide web.
- Develop and maintain a list of stakeholders contacted.
- Review selected documents, as agreed upon with the USAID Advancing Nutrition Anemia Expert.
- Populate the spreadsheet, categorizing or tagging key information as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of the report of the review.
The desk review is to be conducted in January and February 2023. The consultancy will take a total of 15 days.
The consultant will liaise with the USAID Advancing Nutrition Anemia Expert and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist in the conduct of the desk review. He or she will communicate regularly with these individuals, taking part in calls and sharing biweekly updates on the exercise, highlighting work done so far, key points to note, and challenges encountered.
Master’s degree or higher in nutrition, public health, or relevant discipline.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least seven years of professional experience in maternal, newborn and child health, public health, food and nutrition security, or related fields, including demonstrated experience in working with anemia assessment and anemia programs.
- Demonstrated experience in research, especially desk/literature reviews, and anemia methodology and analysis.
- Track record of similar assignments.
- Working knowledge of the study area will be an added advantage.
- Relationships with key stakeholders in Ghana.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each applicant must indicate, among others, his/her suitability for the assignment, previous works undertaken, approach to conducting the assignment, and his/her consultancy fee.
- Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31st Dec. 2022
For More Opportunities CLICK HERE