Job Position: IT & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE
We are on a mission to create a culture of reading across Africa, leading to a continent of successful families. As a team, we value people and are committed to integrity and excellence.
We thrive on innovation and creativity and this explains our flexible and fun-filled working environment. The interplay of success, grace and glory remains evident in the execution of our tasks.
• Work Location: Perbi Cubs Office, West Legon, Accra Expected Start Date: Immediate
- The IT and Systems Administration Associate will be in charge of the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of all IT systems for Perbi Cubs.
- You will be required to set up, maintain, upgrade and manage all software, hardware and networks of the organization with the ultimate goal of ensuring the efficient running of our technology infrastructure.
- Helps with the setup, testing, and configuration of hardware, software, and networking components.
- Installs programs and utilities for security and identity management system upgrades and adjustments.
- Ensures system security and user account maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provides advice and solutions for information security, authentication, and identity management for the organisation.
- Sets up a schedule for system backups and database archive operations, and ensures data/media recovery.
- Participate in testing, bug-fixing, setting up, and documenting software and systems that are within scope. Provides in-scope system monitoring, adjustment, and troubleshooting.
- Support the change management process on the supported systems and equipment with technical and documentation assistance.
- Train staff on new software or technologies.
- Supports security policies and processes to safeguard systems from unauthorized improper or abusive use.
- Responds to incident reports for data/network centre support as necessary.
- Assisting employees with all their IT needs by fixing any IT-related issues they may be facing.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Perform any other duties as may be directed by your supervisor.
- You must be able to uphold our company’s 7 Ps brand values of People, Integrity,
- Excellence, Flexibility & Fun, Innovation & Creativity, Success, and Grace & Glory in the execution of tasks.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role.
- A professional certification is a plus.
- Should have experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and databases.
- Knowledge and experience in cyber/system security, data backup and recovery Ability to work under pressure and plan personal workload effectively.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels effectively.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and Google Sheets.
How To Apply For This Position
- Interested persons should send a one-page cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use this caption as the subject of your email “IT and Systems Administration Associate”.
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, 18th January, 2022.
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.