An Intern is needed At Tetra Tech for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Intern. The position holder will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist.
Background Of The Project
Tetra Tech ARD is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA). GFRA aims to mitigate the near collapse of Ghana’s small pelagic fisheries sector and establish a durable basis for its ecological recovery. To fulfill this purpose, a balanced and strategic approach will be implemented that reduces fishing overcapacity and increases controlled access over Ghana’s small pelagic fisheries sector to encourage ecological sustainability while also enhancing socio-economic well-being and local resilience of artisanal fisherfolk and their communities. GFRA’s five interdependent strategic approaches, as follows:
- Strategic Approach 1: Align fisheries capacity with ecological carrying capacity of the small pelagic fisheries while enhancing the socio-economic well-being and resilience of artisanal fisherfolk.
- Strategic Approach 2: Increase the quality and value of artisanal fish products to maintain household income and enhance availability of nutritious foods for local and regional markets.
- Strategic Approach 3: Strengthen transparency, accountability, and co-management in governance practices for fisheries policymaking, regulation, and enforcement.
- Strategic Approach 4: Strengthen constituencies to promote and implement sustainable fisheries management.
- Strategic Approach 5: Improve use of science and research for policy and management decisions
GFRA is inviting suitable qualified candidates for the positions of Intern – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL). The MEL Intern will work and learn under the MEL Unit of GFRA by organizing and managing the archiving system and ensuring data collected from all project activities are appropriately entered, labeled, stored in a structural manner and maintained up-to-date on physical and electronic data storage system.
The MEL intern will also support data collection for GFRA’s Environmental Monitoring and Management Plan (EMMP) and ensure that GFRA is complying with the requirements of the EMMP.
The responsibilities of the MEL Intern shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure the correct use of data collection tools and forms developed by GFRA staff and provide training where needed.
- Provide MEL support to field-level activities conducted by GFRA technical staff, as needed.
- Proactively ensure regular gathering of data and supporting documents from the project staff, grantees, sub-contractors and partners and ensure that all data collected from activities are entered in the MEL Database system in a timely manner.
- Undertake physical and electronic archiving of all supporting documents in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech ARD filing requirements.
- Conduct regular data review and cross-check physical archiving and electronic system to ensure consistency and maintain overall data integrity
- Contribute to GFRA’s data quality and integrity by conducting remote spot-checks, investigating any data deficiencies, and providing timely feedback to the staff on data quality issues such as accuracy and completeness so it will be corrected on time.
- Support the MEL Specialist to undertake periodic internal Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) for the project including grantees, sub-contractors and other partners and support USAID and Home Office team during external data quality assessment by USAID and HO respectively.
- On a semi-annual basis, review GFRA’s compliance with its Environmental Management and Mitigation Plan (EMMP). Provide summary reports as part of the annual report and also include activities in annual workplans.
- Contribute to all GFRA progress and annual reports and participate in quarterly and annual work planning processes.
Products (among others)
- Create a ready package of all data collection tools
- Ensure use of data collection tools and management of data collected
- Entering of data into database management system
Required Skills or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, development management, computer science, project management, community development, fisheries science, or relevant qualifications.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in monitoring and evaluation, program design, data collection and management.
- Experience working in the monitoring and evaluation in an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience in data entry and processing.
- Good knowledge of filing and archiving of MEL supporting documents.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel and relational database software (Microsoft Access, Airtable, etc) and statistical software (SPSS).
- Must be willing to acquire experience in qualitative and quantitative research and in data analysis and visualization.
- Language: Advanced level in English. Ability to speak Fanti, Twi or Ewe is a plus.
Location: Accra, Ghana with frequent travels to Volta, Central, and Western regions.
How To Apply
Kindly apply by email through GFRA: Applications@tetratech.com with a cover letter describing how your experience and skill set fit in the position and a current curriculum (CV) in reverse chronological order format. The subject of the email should be Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Intern.
Closing Date: 30th September, 2022