Are you into Tech and looking for a place to build your capacity and skill in the job market? if yes! then the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center, is seeking applications from enthusiastic students who are looking to gain professional experience in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at its office in Accra, Ghana.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is an international, research-for-development organization that works with governments, civil society and the private sector to solve water problems in developing countries and scale up solutions. Through partnership, IWMI combines research on the sustainable use of water and land resources, knowledge services and products with capacity strengthening, dialogue and policy analysis to support the implementation of water management solutions for agriculture, ecosystems, climate change and inclusive economic growth. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, IWMI is a CGIAR Research Center with offices in 13 countries and a global network of scientists operating in more than 30 countries.
During this internship, the intern will assist in the following areas:
- Support the information technology (IT) team in maintaining hardware, software and other systems.
- Assist with troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Provide IT support to areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics and data center management.
- Design promotional web graphics, surveys, flyers, banners, posters, invitations, and other advertising and marketing materials as needed.
- Assist with other graphic design work as required.
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems, and help develop solutions.
- Provide support to maintaining and upgrading personal computer (PC) hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Maintain good communication and positive working relationships with staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology-related field of study.
- Professional certification in graphic designing.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
- Excellent knowledge of Windows PC environments.
- Proficient in basic graphic design programs, including CorelDRAW, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, and knowledge of video editing software.
- Writing and proofing skills are also required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented.
IWMI will provide a monthly stipend to the selected candidate during the internship period.
The duration of the initial internship contract will be 6 months with the possibility of extension based on performance, requirements of IWMI, and availability of funds. This is a nationally recruited internship and only citizens of Ghana are eligible to apply.
How To Apply For This Position
Interested persons should submit their application details online: Click Here To Apply
Closing Date: 30th November 2022
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-colour, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.