The International Potato Center invites applications from qualified persons to occupy the position of Research Officer – Nutritionist.
This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Project and Marketing Manager.
- Participation in the re-design and Testing of the Healthy Living Club training modules
- Training of Ghana Health Services personnel on how to implement the Healthy Living Club (HLC) approach
- Participation in the design of the monitoring tools for attendance at and performance of the HLCs
- Participation in all trainings on the gender-transformative approach to implementing development activities and using new methods in all nutrition interventions
- Training of nutritious food agents who will be marketing nutritious foods in key messages regarding the crops/foods being sold.
- Development of new recipes using targeted crops
- Participation in regular team meetings and contributing to other activities upon supervisor’s request
- Writing of progress reports on a timely basis
- Writing monthly stories from the field
- MS degree in nutrition or public health with nutrition exposure or behavioural change
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience.
- Experience research on dietary practice, that includes analysis of dietary data.
- Training experience of field personnel on topics that include nutrition.
- Experience Counselling women on changing behaviours.
- Research on dietary practice, that includes analysis of dietary data.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships skills and teamwork orientation.
- Evidence of good English writing skills.
How To Apply For This Job
Interested Persons should submit their applications: CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
DEADLINE: 3RD AUGUST, 2022