GBfoods is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: Import and Export Lead
Role & Responsibilities:
The successful individual will deliver a reliable and consistent clearing and forwarding service for all imports and exports to support the manufacturing, maintenance, and Trade activities in Ghana and across some west African markets.
You will be interacting and communicating with Statutory Institutions, Clearing and Forwarding Agents to ensure confidence in our import and export processes.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate activities to mitigate associated import and export costs by liaising with suppliers and service providers regularly to ensure delivery dates of imports and exports are met without delays.
- Process statutory exemptions, regulatory permits and licenses, and other government approvals for imports and export operations.
- Assist Import and Export Team on Freight Forwarding and Customs Clearance, to ensure contractual compliance, timely and cost-effective logistics and supply chain solutions.
- Maintain records for accounting purposes in accordance with company procedures, including the checking of all invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and Customs regulations.
- Supervises a team of people including organizing work schedules and issuing shipping instructions to ensure delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Maintains close liaison among agents, brokers, transporters, and warehouses to ensure complete visibility on imports and exports containers.
- Coordinate with Shipping Lines and Forwarders with regards to billings, charges, and other related matters.
- Prepare shipping instructions, documents, and coordinate bookings with carriers for export orders
- Coordinating with accounts to ensure payments are made to suppliers within the specified payment terms
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested persons should submit their applications and resume via the company’s website Click Here To Apply Online
Deadline: 3rd March, 2023