The Service Delivery Innovation Strategic Initiative was approved by the Global Fund Board to support the achievement of the Global Fund’s 2017-2022 Strategy to build resilient and sustainable systems for health (RSSH). It aims to support innovations that strengthen health service delivery and improve HIV, TB, and malaria outcomes. Under this objective, the Global Fund is providing support to the Government of Ghana (GoG) to increase the use of data to manage its supply chain operations for improved efficiency and increased impact. This will be done through facilitating the implementation of MoH and GHS framework that will ensure implementation of quality data production mechanisms and establishment of a culture of data use in all supply chain management decision-making and performance management.
Systems for Development (S4D), a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, is seeking a Health Information System Integration Analyst to support this work.
As part of developing the Ghana public health supply chain information exchange platform, S4D will work with key MoH and its agencies stakeholders to implement a data exchange platform that will enable the integration of multiple systems that support public health supply chain management and provide the capability to bring together multiple data sets for data integration, enterprise data warehousing, and big data analytics. The integration analyst will be responsible for partnering with the key stakeholders to define functional and technical specifications, evaluate various integration options, design integration standards, and prototype and deploy integration solutions for the Health Information Exchange platform. S/He will be responsible for defining and documenting the overall integration architecture and design decisions that meet application architecture. S/He will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end flow of data, including connectivity, data formats, and HIE platforms.
Job Title: Health Information System Integration Analyst
Job Location: This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana. Interested applicants outside Ghana are however encouraged to also apply.
Company Name: Systems for Development (S4D)
To ensure effective implementation of the HIE platform, the integration analyst will perform the following activities:
- Primary owner for the design, build, and maintenance of highly complex interfaces and other data integration elements for the MoH health information exchange platform
- Work with the stakeholders and the HIE lead architect to align on application integration architecture supporting HIE needs.
- Independently resolves the highly complex interface errors and data integration issues
- Functions as a data integration expert on cross-functional projects.
- Advanced understanding of the data flow among applications throughout the HIE architecture
- Works directly with the HIE implementation team to resolve complex data integration issues.
- Evaluate, deploy, and maintain pre-built APIs from other solutions as well as develop custom APIs.
- Make recommendations on state-of-art integration tools and methodologies.
- Be able to troubleshoot and integrate with Database Management Systems
- Unit testing of entire HIE as required for deployment of new systems
- Maintain ongoing assessment, design, development, and implementation of Integration and EDI systems and applications
- Acts as primary technical and subject matter expert addressing problems of system integration and overall compatibility
- Provides direct support for all EDI applications and systems including work queue management, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) process monitoring, error analysis, vendor support, and user provisioning
- Applies high-level, specialized data exchange expertise to improve processes and support strategies as well as assist in Interoperability tasks
- Participate in business requirement gathering sessions; collaborate with the Data Analysts on translating business requirements into technical requirements; participate in technical designs and test planning.
- Investigate and resolve issues with existing integration workflows and develop documentation for current and future integrations, including field mappings, transformation rules, flow diagrams, and training materials
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of two (2) or more years of experience with IHE standards, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and basic knowledge and familiarity with public health systems
- Possesses skills and knowledge of application integration life cycle components, including event triggers, workflow, data transformation, message routing, message queuing approaches, etc.
- Possesses logically structured thinking abilities and can develop sound business cases to support planning and critical decision-making
- Proven expert knowledge of integration engine coding and file manipulation as well as considerable knowledge in vendor and data consumer processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in EDI file structures and processes
- Advanced presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability in workflow, data analysis, and design techniques, including needs assessment, and specification development, demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience with leading or participating in the gathering and documenting of business processes and requirements for the system with key business users.
- Ability to drive clarity and informed decision-making in the fact of ambiguous or shifting requirements, quantitative methods, planning, and gap analysis.
- Proven track record working with various data exchange systems, and the ability to successfully integrate third-party systems and applications.
How To Apply For This Job
To apply, kindly submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Closing Date: Please submit no later than 5pm Friday, August 12, 2022.