Degree in Supply Chain/Procurement Management or equivalent
•At least 10 years’ experience in procurement, of which years should be at senior management
•Experience in managing strategic procurement and leading procurement teams.
•Clear track record of delivery savings and developing a high-performance team
•Professional certification in Procurement (e.g. Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply – CIPS) or Supply Chain is beneficial
• Strong all-round knowledge in financial and banking operations with in depth understanding of various financial and banking products and services
•Strong knowledge in business operations, finance and procurement, must be able to dig into the P&L and ensure that strategic initiatives make sense
•Strong cross-functional experience across multiple business units and/or industries
• Leadership, planning and organizing skills
•Negotiations and contract management
•Interpersonal skills to deal with senior executives internally and externally and a high degree of ethics
•Experience effectively communicating with and managing suppliers
•Understanding and supporting the needs of internal customers and business partners is critical
•Excellent communication skills especially with all levels
•Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, proven in a large, high-paced programme environment
•Excellent observation, negotiation, persuasive and decision making skills
•Excellent strategic thinking and strategic planning skills
•Excellent leadership skills in building, developing and managing teams
Main Purpose of the Job
The role will have overall responsibility for the management of the purchasing and inbound logistics functions at a group level. This role is responsible for ensuring that all procurement activities are delivered in a professional, outcome focused and customer centric manner considering the strategic and operational impacts of the purchase and advising the business as appropriate.
Critical Deliverables /Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develops and execute supply-base strategy
- Develops and implements procurement policies, standards, and procedures that maintain the ability to deliver highest service at the optimal cost to the internal customers
- Coordinates the development and implementation of annual procurement plans, as well as the implementation of the tools, methods, performance measures and controls necessary for effective supplier management
- Oversees category / regional strategic sourcing relationships with suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply to support business operations and corporate objectives
- Continuously identifies cost reductions opportunities for direct, indirect, and CapEx transactions and assesses their effectiveness by measuring their financial contribution
- Manages relationships with existing and potential suppliers
- Negotiates legal contracts with suppliers
- Provides commodity market trends report, effectively reflect market dynamic in terms of supply, cost, etc.
- Manages, conducts or is actively involved in the full range of sourcing processes from identification of requirements through to contract negotiation, execution and post contract award management and utilise Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain systems and processes effectively.
- Supports key business stakeholders in the delivery of their business strategy and the achievement of their operational goals through the delivery of commercially astute and efficient procurement strategies.
- Supports the business through engendering expert problem solving and critical thinking in commercial negotiation and contract drafting.
- Develops and maintain a sound understanding of supplier economics and supply market options and opportunities.
- Ensures effective compliance with all procedures and governance frameworks.
- Ensure tax efficiency of strategic purchases across the group
How To Apply For This Job
Interested candidates should forward their applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position they are applying for on the subject email: e.g. Ref: Head of Group Legal, Governance & Company Secretarial Or Visit the Company’s Website for more details CLICK HERE
Deadline: 12 August, 2022