Ghana Climate Innovation Centre (GCIC) is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: Entrepreneurship Technology And Product Development Manager
The position holder will report to Director of Entrepreneurship, Investments and Partnerships.
- Support GCIC enterprises to build sustainable competitive advantage through the development and or use climate smart technologies and low emission practices in their business operations and manufacturing processes, enabling their businesses to create a sustainable commercial and ESG advantage.
- Raise the knowledge, awareness and capacity of GCIC supported enterprises to solve business and societal challenges through the use of climate-smart and low emissions technologies; providing guidance and mentorship to enterprises on business strategy, product strategy, and operations, including commercializing technologies, products and services.
- Identify and champion opportunities for open innovation within GCIC supported enterprises
- Develop and manage GCIC’s environmental and social safeguards assessment and management processes to ensure that GCIC supported enterprises deploy all necessary national and best practice protocols in the operations and management of their enterprises.
- Manage GCIC’s strategic partnerships with national and international scientific and industrial research centres.
- Manage the grant application, management, and monitoring process for GCIC supported enterprises to attain financial support to transition their operations to be low emitting, climate-smart technologies.
- Ensure that premium technical facilities are available to GCIC supported entrepreneurs, including prototyping and lean manufacturing machinery and software.
- Design technical courses and provide training for entrepreneurs on the use of equipment as well as other technical trainings related to the entrepreneurs’ focal areas. This includes training in general manufacturing best practices to assist entrepreneurs professionalize their production.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in science and technology management, business administration or other relevant disciplines, preferably in specific sectors, such as solar energy, energy efficiency, waste management, climate smart agriculture and water management and purification.
- At least 10 years of related work experience, including 8 years of hands-on experience in development projects or working in business-related positions.
- Prior leadership experience of working with early and growth stage companies within the business incubation and technology context, with knowledge of and familiarity with the key issues that confront typical start-ups.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Deadline: 16th March 2023