Job Position: Finance Controller
As Controller in our Finance Department, you will have a central role to implement a number of best practices pertaining to costs and margins follow up in order to enhance the profitability of the company and implement a number of Puma’s best practices.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Monthly reporting of reliable business margin through correct inventory valuation and proper rationalisation of segmentation performance vs in country principles (price structure).
- Preparation of monthly customer and site profitability.
- Price updates and discount review: Review prices updates for new customers and discounts for reasonability/ accuracy/competitiveness before they are input in the system by price analyst.
- Prepare daily controls
- Prepare weekly volume flash and biweekly flash report
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of country financial results (Full P&L, Line of business and FX reviews)
- Preparing monthly reporting packs for the country performance reviews
- Review fixed cost by account and cost centers to ensure that they are reasonable and spending is within budget and that all exceptional items are properly explained
- Focus on providing quality information to the Business with proper explanation for all the elements of the P&L
- Propose new actions to the business in order to be more efficient
- Prepare 3 month rolling cash flow in conjunction with treasury
- Drive ad-hoc analysis as required by the business
- Review stock positions monthly
Budget and Plan
- Prepare annual P&L budget and strategic plan according to group timelines
- Deliver quality budgets on time with alignment of numbers with key stakeholders stating clear assumptions and cross checking of anchor points
- Preparation of the annual capex budget
- Ensure adherence of procurement procedures relating to capex
- Ensure capex budget is adequately utilized by running bi-weekly capex calls
- Ensure accurate capex reporting (Actual and forecast)
- Review of projects prior its approval as per DOA
- Perform business case analysis (P&L, DCF, IRR, etc.)
- Comply with all Group, Statutory and Regulatory requirements of the company, such as Financial Statements and Monthly regulatory reporting eg Petroleum Activities Reports (PAR), Slate, Compensation recoveries
- Liaise with tax team to ensure Tax reporting is correct.
- Ensure that all compliance requirements are submitted accurately and on time.
- Provide reports/recommendation to management on any control issues.
- Ensure that the company’s control framework is effective and fit for purpose and that it is aligned to the Group’s Control framework
- Assist in providing information for statutory and internal audits in line with set timelines
- Assist the FM in enforcing controls including DOA compliance
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Country GM, Country Finance manager, Commercial teams, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Regional management, regional finance, global stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 20th Jan, 2023