Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated and innovative Zonal Project coordinator, Market & Agri-Business – Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project.
CARE International in Ghana is implementing the Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project as part of a consortium led by the International Potato Center and in collaboration with Ghana Health Service, the Women in Agriculture Development Directorate and District Directorates of Agriculture.
The project is funded by Global Affairs Canada and will run for 4.5 years starting from March 2022.
The GROWING Project will use an integrated agriculture-nutrition-marketing approach, coupled with strong support to transform the individual agency of women as well as the enabling environment, including gender norms and roles as well as attitudes and behaviors, so that key gender inequities are addressed and more appropriate practices initiated to ensure more equitable outcomes for women, in particular their nutritional and financial security.
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The Zonal Project Coordinator, Markets and Agri-business development has responsibility for providing technical support and facilitating the implementation of project activities in relation to input and output market linkages and agri-business development for participants of the project.
The ZPC Markets and Agri-business will report directly to the Project Manager; and will be based in the Tamale Sub-office and cover project implementation in project districts in the Northern, North East and Savannah Regions.
- Some Key Responsibilities for this role:Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets and linking farmers and partners to them.
- Create a platform at the district level for farmers to effectively engage with the buyers.
- Provide technical support to partners and smallholder farmers to effectively engage with the identified markets within the specific value chains.
- Strengthen input supply systems to address the needs of farmers
- Develop market-based approaches to improving the farmer’s access to agricultural inputs (improved seeds, pesticides, etc)
- Provide support to the MEAL Unit in ensuring that monitoring and evaluation aspects of the project are in line with agreed-upon program strategic goals and objectives.
- Support the documentation of processes, progress, results, impacts and lessons learnt to inform the development of donor technical and financial reports.
- Very good knowledge on enterprise business development policies and procedures including range of business support services such as business development services, financing, sales and marketing.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in relevant working areas (technical support to project activities implementation, working with stakeholders, market and business development.
- Very good professional experience in market systems development and facilitation.
- Experience in facilitating stakeholders’ engagement including assessment of incentives and capacity, specifically facilitating private sector involvement.
- Proven experience with marketing strategy development and marketing plan development
- Strong networking, partnership and interpersonal skills;
- Very good understanding of range of enterprises development opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing,
- Work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with project team, partners and the private sector;
- Computer proficiency in MS word, excel, and power point is required.
- Good spoken English and excellent writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver
- At least a first degree in Agricultural Extension and Livelihood Studies, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and other related fields with agriculture background or agriculture sector experience.
- A Master’s degree in Agricultural Extension and Livelihood Studies, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and other related fields with agriculture background or agriculture sector experience will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Zonal Project Coordinator, Market & Agri-Business Application” in the subject line.
The submission deadline is Friday, 14 October 2022.