Guinness Ghana invite applications from qualified persons to occupy the position of Assist Legal Counsel
- GGBL is one of the largest listed companies in Ghana. It produces, markets and sells alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in Ghana. It is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc, the global alcoholic drinks company.
- This role reports into the Legal Counsel and Company Secretary.
- The role is in the legal department and will link into the Diageo legal department to ensure access to standard process including Diageo legal department activities/meetings and initiatives.
Purpose Of Role
- Enable GGBL to achieve its business objectives in a legally compliant way while unlocking commercial opportunity through good practice.
- Preserve value (financial and reputational) by minimising the risk of value leakage and litigation and maintaining compliance with laws and Diageo’s Codes.
- Support the Legal Counsel and Company Secretary in embedding standard process corporate governance.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Function as a highly effective legal and business partner and stay particularly close to the Legal Counsel and Company Secretary.
- Make significant contributions in ensuring that all the department’s internal and external stakeholders receive excellent service delivery thereby ensuring that the legal department effectively partners all the functions in GGBL.
- Ensure proper contracts are in place in and that the contract management system is maintained and is current.
- Ensure effective support is given to the business on all legal/commercial related issues.
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Qualified to work as a legal practitioner in Ghana.
- Strong commercial law background especially in the negotiation and documentation of commercial contracts
- Strong, analytical, drafting and negotiating skills.
- Strong research skills coupled with an ability to deconstruct sophisticated legal issues in order to provide cogent legal advice.
- Open and outward looking attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work confidently and stand ground with more senior managers.
- Strong commercial and pragmatic approach.
- At least 4 years post qualification experience as a lawyer.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to draft and review contracts and to advise on contractual arrangements/transactions.
- Inability to constantly reprioritise and manage expectations from a large and demanding business in a role that interacts with a high proportion of senior level managers.
- Inability to understand and manage ambiguity and risk in an appropriate manner.
- Unwillingness to take and maintain strong positions with various departments in the business.
- Inability to manage and minimise adverse business impact of external bureaucracy/ process/documentation requirements.
How To Apply
Qualified individuals should submit their CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 30th October 2022