AngloGold Ashanti is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: Environmental Monitoring Officer
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
To ensure close monitoring of construction activities and compliance to regulatory permit conditions of the Beposo TSF in accordance with AGA policies and procedures.
- Monitor Regulatory permit conditions at the Beposo Tailing Storage Facility.
- Provide environmental advice to the Beposo TSF Project team.
- Carry out rehabilitation and grassing of tailings dam slopes and other disturbed areas.
- Carry out environmental awareness campaign for the Project Team and contractors on site.
- Carry out daily inspection of Ablution facilities and the construction site.
- Implement fauna prevention techniques to limit access to supernatant water.
- Implement meadow creation for wildlife use.
- Monitor piezo-holes around the TSF’s.
- Investigate any environmental incident around the Beposo TSF.
- Carry out Wildlife Mortality Survey.
- Collect daily and monthly water samples in the seepage collection sumps for laboratory analysis.
- Ensure dust suppression on haul and access roads during the construction phase of the project.
- Implementation of operational controls
- Pre-arrange operational control permits before clearing vegetation.
- Carry out induction for newly employees and contractors
- BSc Chemistry, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in a related field within the mining industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process, perform routine tasks and check work for accuracy before completion of tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with people, including high performing professional team
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested and qualified applicants should CLICK HERE TO BEGIN APPLICATION.
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date : 20th Feb, 2023