Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking for an Environment Advisor on a permanent basis, based in Accra Ghana. The successful candidate will fulfil a critical a role in ensuring that an organisation meets all statutory requirements and industry and Company standards with regards to the environment. He or She will ensure that the environmental impact of technical and engineering project design and ongoing production operations are fully considered and minimised.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities Include
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through language, behaviour, and actions
- Visible commitment to the Life Safety Rules and Tullow Values
- Educate, influence, persuade and challenge others to lead and promote sustainability
- Be able to critically analyse, interpret and report environmental data and information to inform sustainable decision-making and provide advice
- Strong understanding of Environment Management processes e.g., Auditing, Impact Analysis, OSPAR regulations, EPA EIA & permitting requirements, ISO 14001 requirements
- Awareness of Ghanaian legislation requirements and best practices for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Strong data management, statistical, analytical and Microsoft office software skills
- Ability to display data in an effective and visually appealing format and effectively communicate results and advice trends
- Familiarity of Ghanaian culture, communities, and local community issues
- Strong ability and passion to drive/ influence good environmental behaviours or practices
- Knowledge in environmental monitoring and surveys (air, land, water pollution issues)
- Knowledge in emissions, climate change and major environmental themes
Education And Experience
- Degree or higher education qualification in Environmental Management/ Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years related experience; previous experience in Environmental Management roles with an offshore operator preferred but not essential
- Membership of chartered institutions or professional societies (e.g., IEMA)
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results. A commitment to your personal and professional development. A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people. A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities. Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons, and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain, and motivate the best talent in our industry.
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 23rd September 2022