AngloGold Ashanti is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Environment Superintendent.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Environment Superintendent is accountable for determining the appropriate operational methodologies and procedures and managing their implementation. This also requires the continuous investigation and evaluation of new methodologies and procedures, to ensure operational improvements.
- Establish the necessary Environmental processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal Environmental planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Environmental cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and Life of Mine (LoM) business plans
- Deliver the work of the Environmental function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Environmental department and with own Environmental team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Environmental team.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Environmental or Natural Resources management.
- A post-graduate Degree in Environmental studies or related fields will be advantageous.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the environmental discipline in the mining industry, with knowledge and experience of statutory approvals, environmental management and environmental management systems, including ISO 14001.
- Field experience and demonstrated ability in environmental management, monitoring, planning and assessment and reporting.
- Experience of engaging with external and internal stakeholders, and in particular positive regulator engagement (preferably with Ghana EPA).
- A sound working knowledge of the environmental law of Ghana and all permitting processes is needed.
- Managing implementation of ISO14001 EMS.
- Internal environmental auditing.
- Supervising water and air monitoring programs.
- Managing waste and chemicals at a mine operation.
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 11th Jan, 2023