Idmibok International is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Engineering Design Expert
The Engineering Design Expert will be responsible for the Site Inventory and Analysis, as well as the development of the Site Inventory and Analysis report and support the development of the Business Plan in the Feasibility Study for the proposed Project development of UAV hubs in Nigeria and Ghana to support B2G public health activities, as well as expand offerings to other sectors and scale the clientele to include the private sector and consumers- B2B and B2C).
Engineering Design Experts Responsibilities
- Inventory, analyze and describe available sites/parcels where the Client could construct a Hub at each expansion site, with specific recommendations for each site.
- Analyze land factors, including but not limited to: Contact information for land agents (min. 2 per expansion site); Cost per hectare on land types that meet Hub requirements; Description of land agent fees, processes, and transaction considerations, and their impact on operations
- Analyze infrastructure factors, including but not limited to: Power and water supply, reliability, providers, costs; Cell coverage, suppliers, reliability, costs; Connectivity to, and costs of, supply chains; Road/transport network connectivity; Locally defined level of “remoteness” or difficulty; Vendor access to Hubs.
- Analyze labour factors, including but not limited to: Availability, cost, and skill level of workforce; Living conditions; Local labor policies, norms, conditions, and their impact on operations.
- Analyze security factors, including but not limited to: Crime rates and trends; Levels/risk of conflict or security incidents; Site-specific security requirements; Local security laws, norms, conditions, and their impact on operations
- Describe all relevant operating assumptions, including but not limited to: locations of Hubs, and facility specifications.
- Develop a Site Inventory Report.Engineering Design Expert Requirements
- At least 8 years of general civil engineering experience, with over 5 years of experience working as a civil engineer in Nigeria and/or Ghana.
- Expertise in the design of airfields for drones and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- Expertise in engineering design for health supply chain in Africa and ideally, within Nigeria and Ghana.
- Knowledge of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) space in Africa would be ideal.
- Experience in liaising with government and private sector stakeholders in emerging markets.
- Possesses contacts and networks within the Nigerian and Ghanaian civil and aviation sector industries.
- Experience conducting engineering design assessments within periods or locations of uncertainty (eg. countries with debt default, countries with upcoming elections, etc)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and daily rate in USD to: email@example.com using “Engineering Design Expert” as the subject of the email.
Closing Date: DECEMBER 31, 2022
For More Opportunities CLICK HERE