MTN GlobalConnect is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Engineer: Service Desk Monitoring
Mission/Core purpose of the Job
The Service Desk Monitor Support will provide support for the ICT infrastructure including vendor escalation, take inbound calls and provide 1st line support for incident / requests raised.
Through monitoring provide pro-active support for customers and ensure SLA compliance is met with the end customer.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
The Service Desk Monitor Support will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Perform proactive monitoring of customer connectivity and network devices
- Provide general first level technical support to end users organisation-wide
- Assist in providing first-level phone / email support on ICT related issues and facilitate technical issues requiring location visits.
- Provide first-level Support as per the organization’s guidelines.
- Communicate resolution of faults to request initiators.
- Update assigned tasks in a timely manner; escalate as required to management, vendors and clients.
- Ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance, problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in maintaining issues/request log. Ensure accurate and prompt logging of all requests/ issues unto the central database
- Implement/comply with pre-defined service desk management policies and procedures.
- Assist in administering customer satisfaction surveys to obtain feedback on Service Desk efficiency (where necessary).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Service Desk
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- At least 3 years experiences in Telecommunications, with operational support experience
- At least 2 years experiences in fixed infrastructure and IP environment
- Experience on OTN, WDM and SDH
- Experience on Huawei transmission equipment (OSN)
- Experience on Cisco or Huawei IP equipment (NE40)
- Good reading and writing skills
- Excellent follow up and time control skills
- Ability to assess the impact of different network problems
- Key business soft skills including but not limited to problem solving, information processing, and analytical understanding
- Data interpretation, quality focus, continuous improvement, and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly client driven interactions
- Regional travel
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Deadline for Applications is January 31, 2023.