AngloGold Ashanti is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Technician – Winders.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician – Winders reports to the Electrical Supervisor – Winders and is accountable for all maintenance both low and medium voltage, installations, and repairs on all winder electrical components, carryout weekly, monthly, annual, and statutory critical task and ensure planned maintenance is executed in compliance to Government of Ghana laws and AGA standards, safety, and environmental requirement.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Monitor general physical condition of winder Electrical assets and report.
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide on the job support to the winder electrical supervisor, where appropriate.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of winder Electrical equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or
- potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used.
- Report directly to the Winder Electrical Supervisor on issues and identify and execute improvement projects.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering Technician Part III or equivalent
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant working experience in underground mining. Experience in Winder and Shaft will be an advantage
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in electrical trade
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 11th Jan, 2023