The Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA) is a reputable State Owned Enterprise and a key strategic organization under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA). Therefore, GIDA is charged with the responsibility for irrigation development in Ghana and by default the state agency that leads agricultural water management technologies for increased agricultural production and efficient use of water for agriculture.
The water bodies created by GIDA are also utilized for inland aquaculture development in partnership with the Fisheries Commission to ensure the fish protein needs of residents of inland regions are satisfactorily met. Thus, GIDA seeks to provide national leadership in the planning, promotion, development and utilisation of available water resource for agricultural use to ensure food security and enhanced livelihoods for the people living in Ghana.
Qualified persons are needed for immediate employment to complete the undermentioned established positions in the Authority: Deputy Chief Executive – Scheme Oversight
• Reports to the Chief Executive (CE)
• Assists the CE in carrying out official duties as assigned to the incumbent.
• Provides leadership in areas of Oversight of Irrigation Schemes Management across the country as well as handling and providing leadership in social issues related to irrigation development.
• Responsibility for agronomic and soils evaluations for inputs into irrigation system designs, and related advisory services to farmers.
• May act and perform duties of the CE when authorized to do so as and when it becomes necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s Degree in relevant disciplines (eg. Irrigation Agronomy, Extension, Horticulture, Soils, Post-Harvest Management, Rice Cultivation, Agri Business, Farmer Organization/FBO Management, Agricultural Economics, Sociology (only with Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture))
• Membership of a relevant Professional Body
• Not less than fifteen (15) years relevant working experience with ten (10) years in middle level managerial position as Deputy Chief Manager, or Deputy Director in charge of crops/extension (for 5 years)) in a relevant organization.,
• Age: Not more than 55 years
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified interested applicants are required to demonstrate very good competencies in leadership and managerial skills; in ter-personal relationship; communication skills commensurate with performance expected of management personnel of an institution charged with such critical responsibilities in the Food and Agriculture sector.
Applicants are required to submit detailed CVs and not more than 4 pages Motivation Paper highlighting how one intends to use the position to contribute towards promoting the business of irrigated agriculture in Ghana. Also, Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All applications must be addressed to:
The Board Secretary,
Irrigation Development Authority,
Box M 154 Ministries,
Accra: GL-090 6133
Preferably hand delivered to GIDA head office at the GPS address
Closing Date: 30 September, 2022