Decagon is seeking to remotely employ the services of a DevOps Engineer
Decagon is Nigeria’s leading tech talent accelerator connecting the top 0.5% of software Engineers with global companies looking to scale their engineering teams.
Driven by a passion for making Nigeria a Top 10 software Engineering nation within a decade, we recruit and place only the brightest of software engineers.
Founded in 2018 with a global network of 400+ software Engineers and 120+ partner companies spread across Europe, the USA, and Africa, Decagon is committed to connecting exceptional software Engineers to global companies across our network.
- Work closely with the architect and developers to evaluate existing problems and arrive at process improvement solutions
- Identify bottlenecks in the coding development and implementation process
- Participate in the planning of the delivery time, the quality of the code and the improvement of the efficiency of the process
- Execute the plan by creating coding standards and automating processes for the organization
- Perform daily tasks such as setting up development and production environments, monitoring metrics and reporting incidents
- Develop and maintain knowledge of platform configuration management and troubleshooting
- Actively participate in the deployment of application devices in appropriate environments through compatible technologies and infrastructures
- Coordinate with developers and technical members of the organization to understand their main weaknesses in the coding and development process
- Working with the rest of the team to provide a coherent and holistic solution to the organization
- 3-4 years of excellent coding and scripting skills and experience in implementing large-scale cloud architectures using modern cloud-based container platforms is highly desirable
- Knowledge in the implementation of automatic infrastructure provisioning solutions is highly desirable (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Linux OS, SQL, PL SQL, Scripting, Container knowledge
- Nice to have knowledge of cloud infrastructure and management tools for computing components, storage, networking, caching, etc.
- Network knowledge is nice to have
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience as a DevOps or SRE Engineer in an agile multifunctional team is preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align the organization in decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Use team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- You want to give free rein to the internal self-entrepreneur and work in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in the culture of transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas
What’s on Offer?
- Work within a company with a solid track record of success
- Join a well-known brand within Retail Banking
- Excellent career development opportunities
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 31st August. 2022